Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ABC and Obama will be having their little love fest on health care today at the White House. The GOP was not invited therefore making it a one-sided conversation with all democrats and no republicans with a hand picked audience. You would think Obama would realize that he is grown up now and no longer lives in Chicago where they play mafia style politics. It really is a shame that he has become so blatant as to believe that no one will notice that there are no checks and balances anymore just plain old dirty politics.Of course what more are we to expect from a community organizer who studied under the founders of Acorn. I know several people who are boycotting ABC and their sponsors for being so biased and "in the tank" for their boy". Journalism is dead and now we are down to in your face dirty politics which is one-sided. Too bad liberals have become so smug that they don't even care anymore about real news and real issues but just plain smut. That is what you get when you no longer follow the Constitution but think you are bigger and better than the rest of us and we are just supposed to sit and take it. I do believe I smell blood in the water and a civil war just might be around the corner. Old fashioned morals will always prevail over under handed dirty politicians who no longer listen to their constituents. Election time might just be a wake up call for those who think they are above the law. After all Congress is supposed to work for us as we pay their salaries. I wonder how they would like it if we decided we wanted to place a higher tax on those salaries and a cap on how much they are allowed to spend. After all it is the tax payers who give their hard earned money to be represented. Now, if those on welfare do not pay taxes than they should not be allowed to vote. Interesting how that would work out and better yet no dead people or homeless people would be allowed to vote either since they have no residence. We might just then have a fair election next time.

by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 2:55 AM
Replies (21-23):
Scorpio359
by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Quoting MrsRStewart:

My mouse is going crazy and is just posting these before I can write anything!

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Scorpio359:

Journalism is dead and now we are down to in your face dirty politics which is one-sided.

Huh? Journalism has always been a dog eat dog business and there is nothing one-sided about it at all! There will always be bias, but there will always also be those with opposing views who get their word out. One-sided politics does not exist and never will because American's love to take sides and fight for what they believe.

Too bad liberals have become so smug that they don't even care anymore about real news and real issues but just plain smut.

Smug? Seems like the conservatives are the ones harboring bitterness and arrogance these days. If it's not news they want to hear, then it must not be worth hearing, right? lol... please. Liberals know what the REAL issues bringing down this country are and they aren't gays wanting rights, lack of God or Obama- it's close-minded, ignorance wrapped in a bitter layer of hatered that's tearing our Country apart.

That is what you get when you no longer follow the Constitution but think you are bigger and better than the rest of us and we are just supposed to sit and take it. I do believe I smell blood in the water and a civil war just might be around the corner.

You'd love that wouldn't you? Conservative war mongers... let's solve everything with our God-given right to bare arms.  Believe like us or die! Obama has done NOTHING against the Constitution, that's all in your paranoid mind.

Old fashioned morals will always prevail over under handed dirty politicians who no longer listen to their constituents.

Do you seriously think the Government has just recently become corrupt? That's a laugh! They NEVER listen to the Constituants, but do what is best for their own image. YOU don't matter in the long run and no manner of protesting or writing letters is ever going to change anything.

Election time might just be a wake up call for those who think they are above the law. After all Congress is supposed to work for us as we pay their salaries. I wonder how they would like it if we decided we wanted to place a higher tax on those salaries and a cap on how much they are allowed to spend. After all it is the tax payers who give their hard earned money to be represented. Now, if those on welfare do not pay taxes than they should not be allowed to vote. Interesting how that would work out and better yet no dead people or homeless people would be allowed to vote either since they have no residence. We might just then have a fair election next time.

Perhaps people should wake up, stop letting the corrupt Dems and Repubs ruin our damn Country and vote for somone in another Party!  Our election system is a farce...

Nothing against the Constitution? The govt does not own banks and auto companies and fire CEOs. Paranoid - I don't think so, some of us are just smart enough to see through evil. Us so called war mongers have saved your lives and I do believe Kennedy started the Viet Nam war. If North Korea started a war would you want us to fight with bows and arrows? A lot of good that did.

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Don't be so sure of that.Though I can see a revolution happening before a civil war.Besides if it was a civil war it would likely be between right and left and since the left has voluntarily disarmed themselves ..I don' think it would be much of a war.

Yes people will always complain about the President and with NO exception there have been legitimate gripes with every one of them.

Quoting Da1nOnlyDestiny:

First of all no one in this country will cause a civil war that would be big enough for the government to worry. Civil war equals more violence, more trouble for children, more money issues, ugh it goes on and on.

It wont matter what this president does, people will always have something bad to say about him because they don't agree with him or they don't like him.

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Wouldn't this idea be similar to the Fairness Doctrine though?

Quoting lilyrose73:

LOL... no kidding.  ABC wouldn't even sell add time to the opposing view... are they are state run network now (maybe they're the All Barack Channel)?  It's not whining to expect out news orginazations to allow both sides of the issue...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)