Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOT TOPIC: 3yrs left will this really happen?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:25 PM
  • 27 Replies

DO you believe this could happen to us? and if it does, do u have a way to survive?www.howtosurvive2012.com

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffe88
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:28 PM

this was weird. im watching the day after tomarrow. LOL.

toddler boy
Chris & Tiffany          Aiden James         Diesel

erimar2
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:37 PM

In 2012 the next polar reversal will take place on earth. This means that the North Pole will be changed into the South Pole. Scientifically this can only be explained by the fact that the earth will start rotating in the opposite direction, together with a huge disaster of unknown proportions.

Immense earthquakes and kilometers-high tidal waves will torment the surface of the earth. At the same time a pole shift will occur. In just a couple of hours the earth's crust will shift thousands of kilometers. In this short period the United States and Europe will be completely destroyed.

Billions of casualties will occur worldwide; only a few human beings will have a chance to survive. These are the horrible facts. But how do you survive this "Armageddon", this ultimate "End of Times" scenario?

Everybody will ask this question. This shocking book will give you the answers, and they are not very encouraging: those who do not prepare themselves will die in a terrible way. When you do prepare yourself, your survival chances will quickly rise. The problems we will have to overcome are immense, but not insurmountable.

I wrote this book because I want to be one of the survivors. It is a blueprint for all of you who want to re-live the story of Noah. I explain thoroughly all the problems we are going to encounter and which precautions we need to take. I expect to inspire enough people so that together we can resume life on earth in a new civilization.

heyiitsang84
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I really don't know. But I REALLY REALLY HOPE NOT!!! 

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Scientifically it is the combination of the pole shifts with the increase in solar flares and a combination of things that will cause a violent earth. I do think it will happen they say it is already in progress. I do not think it is going to be once big catastrophe.

erimar2
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:52 PM

do u think it's only going to be in certain areas?

Quoting stormcris:

Scientifically it is the combination of the pole shifts with the increase in solar flares and a combination of things that will cause a violent earth. I do think it will happen they say it is already in progress. I do not think it is going to be once big catastrophe.

ddbz
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:15 PM

If we are talking about the reversal of the earth's magnetic field, then it has happened numerous times during the earth's history and is documented in certain types of rock formations found through the earth's crust. There is no known pattern to these shifts.

It is thought to be caused by fluctuations in the molten core and other magma activity in the earth's crust.

It will have no effect on the rotation of the earth or the weather,  but man-made systems that depend on the earth's e-magnetic field might be impacted. It might also effect migratory animals and other creatures who rely on the e-mag field to navigate.

The earth hasn't seen one for a very long time, so who knows, it could happen. 

P.S. here's a link:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/magnetic/

Linds2Horse
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:22 PM

It's just hype that the Mayans speculated the world ends on 12/21/2012. The actual reality is that they created a calendar to that date. We don't know if that's because they only decided a few thousand years was all they needed to complete, or what, but regardless, the Mayans did not distinctivly predict that the world would end on that date.

Lilypie
stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Shifts cause increases in extreme weather, I feel the weather will get more and more turbulent but not every place will experience the same thing and I think people will get some warning.

Quoting erimar2:

do u think it's only going to be in certain areas?

Quoting stormcris:

erimar2
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM

so do u think this will happened in 2012? and why ppl think this is he end of the world?

Quoting ddbz:

If we are talking about the reversal of the earth's magnetic field, then it has happened numerous times during the earth's history and is documented in certain types of rock formations found through the earth's crust. There is no known pattern to these shifts.

It is thought to be caused by fluctuations in the molten core and other magma activity in the earth's crust.

It will have no effect on the rotation of the earth or the weather,  but man-made systems that depend on the earth's e-magnetic field might be impacted. It might also effect migratory animals and other creatures who rely on the e-mag field to navigate.

The earth hasn't seen one for a very long time, so who knows, it could happen. 

P.S. here's a link:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/magnetic/

Della529
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM

There are no "sudden" changes to earth's climate.  Earth's climate is a long process.  We are in 2009.  Does anyone honestly believe that our climate will change in the drastically short time between now and three years from now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)