Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Micheal Jackson's memorial~

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 7:45 AM
  • 27 Replies

Did anyone here at CM get a ticket to go to his funeral? Or do you know someone close to you who did?

I will say a pray for him and his family today.

by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 8:15 AM

nope 

Stephanie a non vaxxing/cloth diapering/full term breastfeeding sahm who is wanting another but waiting/WoW addicted momma to a 2yr old princess
jrdnjstn00
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I'm under the impression that this is not a funeral service. It is what it says "a memorial". Kind of a tribute to him with some of his celebrity friends, speaking or singing or whatever.

His family is having a private funeral for him.

I didn't get any tix but I didn't apply either. That place is going to be a mad house today. I wouldn't want to be over there in all that mess

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Am I the only one who is wondering about all this they are doing? I mean, they are scalping tickets to his memorial for $20,000! Then the memorial will play in theaters. To me it seems horrible how much people are profiting from his death. 

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Honestly?  I don't give a shit.

I feel for his family because they lost someone but why is it national news?  You don't hear about John Doe who died in Iraq yesterday of Jane Smith or died in a car wreck on I-44...  so why is it so important to mourn a fu*king celebrity.  Give me a break.

drinkingmarinestoddler boy   baby girl
   Jess & Tom     Riley     Ami
     12/28/04           06/05/07   05/11/09

copperpenny1954
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Quoting jrdnjstn00:

I'm under the impression that this is not a funeral service. It is what it says "a memorial". Kind of a tribute to him with some of his celebrity friends, speaking or singing or whatever.

I didn't get any tix but I didn't apply either. That place is going to be a mad house today. I wouldn't want to be over there in all that mess

As I understand it, MJ's body will be at the Staples center.  There's no way I would bother going, free tickets or not. 

tericared
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Quoting copperpenny1954:

Quoting jrdnjstn00:

As I understand it, MJ's body will be at the Staples center.  There's no way I would bother going, free tickets or not. 

He was buried this morning,,,so no his body will not be there..

tericared
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I feel for his family because they lost someone but why is it national news?  You don't hear about John Doe who died in Iraq yesterday of Jane Smith or died in a car wreck on I-44...  so why is it so important to mourn a fu*king celebrity.  Give me a break.

How nice of you, showing respect for the dead..

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM

If you missed it I did say I FEEL FOR HIS FAMILY.  I am sorry they lost a son, brother, father, etc.  But to publicize it this way is just sick.  How is that respecting him?  Plus... why should I respect a child molestor?  That is like people holding a memorial for a rapist...  doesn't make sense to me.

And you don't have to agree with me...

My POINT was that no one else in this world gets a memorial and national recognition when their family members die so I'm sorry it is no big deal to me.

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

How nice of you, showing respect for the dead..

drinkingmarinestoddler boy   baby girl
   Jess & Tom     Riley     Ami
     12/28/04           06/05/07   05/11/09

copperpenny1954
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting copperpenny1954:

Quoting jrdnjstn00:

He was buried this morning,,,so no his body will not be there..

http://www.tmz.com/

kathy067j
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM

no 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)