Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Did anyone here at CM get a ticket to go to his funeral? Or do you know someone close to you who did?

I will say a pray for him and his family today.

by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 7:45 AM
Replies (21-27):
ain-gell72
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I agree with both of your replies 100%. this is EXACTLY how MJ would want to go out! the only thing I don't get, is that the family had the casket closed. MJ was the type of person who would have wanted that thing open for all to see him! well, now that I think of it, maybe not. he did wear the masks and have his children wear them ; for privacy.

Quoting LaNette000:

I read he had a gold casket. And I hope for real they had a private burial service. I hope they don't take his body to the memorial service that is being televised. Oh Lord, let him rest in peace! 

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Quoting LaNette000:

I am so thankful my daughters are NOT allowed on this site. Especially my 11 year old which is at this moment laying on my bed watching the MJ memorial. She told me it's sad he is gone, and they have given him a beautiful service. Now through the eyes of an innocent child, Amen! Maybe some ladies on here that have no respect for the dead, will feel horrible for their hateful words and condemnation! I hope you feel like shit today! 

I am sorry you feel this way.  I had no respect for him while he was living and will show him no respect in death.  That would be lying on my part.  This whole memorial service is nothing but showboating for all of the living.  And actually it is very sad.  I do not support media circus' like this.  Thay make me sick.  Especially when a vet who was homeless and dies gets a pauper grave and funeral and he gave more to and for our country that MJ.

And personally my 12 yr old is not watching it.  That is is my descision.  He has no clue who MJ is and i am okay with that.

I hope you have a great day.

ain-gell72
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 2:47 PM

you are entitled to your opinion and your feelings on MJ. and I am entitled to mine, and I think that showing respect in this case is more for the surviving family, not the one dead. no need to respect Micheal, he didn't want it from you anyway, more than likely, but you could show some respect to a mother who outlived her son and to the children who lost the only parent they have ever known.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting LaNette000:

I am so thankful my daughters are NOT allowed on this site. Especially my 11 year old which is at this moment laying on my bed watching the MJ memorial. She told me it's sad he is gone, and they have given him a beautiful service. Now through the eyes of an innocent child, Amen! Maybe some ladies on here that have no respect for the dead, will feel horrible for their hateful words and condemnation! I hope you feel like shit today! 

I am sorry you feel this way.  I had no respect for him while he was living and will show him no respect in death.  That would be lying on my part.  This whole memorial service is nothing but showboating for all of the living.  And actually it is very sad.  I do not support media circus' like this.  Thay make me sick.  Especially when a vet who was homeless and dies gets a pauper grave and funeral and he gave more to and for our country that MJ.

And personally my 12 yr old is not watching it.  That is is my descision.  He has no clue who MJ is and i am okay with that.

LaNette000
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM

OK godgave, what if God didn't give you shit. Wow! People amaze me here!Seriously there is a family in morning over a lost loved one, no respect to any of them I see. There are friends of the family in mourning. I feel for all of them.

Quoting ain-gell72:

you are entitled to your opinion and your feelings on MJ. and I am entitled to mine, and I think that showing respect in this case is more for the surviving family, not the one dead. no need to respect Micheal, he didn't want it from you anyway, more than likely, but you could show some respect to a mother who outlived her son and to the children who lost the only parent they have ever known.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting LaNette000:

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Quoting LaNette000:

OK godgave, what if God didn't give you shit. Wow! People amaze me here!Seriously there is a family in morning over a lost loved one, no respect to any of them I see. There are friends of the family in mourning. I feel for all of them.

Quoting ain-gell72:

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Quoting LaNette000:

You're right. FREIENDS AND FAMILY. This huge media circus was nothing more than a mini concert with people dancing around a dead person broadcasted for the world to see. If anything I have more trouble with THAT than 1/2 the comments made here today.

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
jalex
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM

No tickets.  RIP Michael. 

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jul. 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I grew up with Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five.  I remember Michael before he got weird.  He truly was just so amazingly talented.  I do mourn for that Michael.

As for being a pedophile, I'm not so sure.  My vibe was he was asexual. . . and child-like.  There are even theories afloat that he had been castrated when younger to keep his voice from changing.  I'm not sure I actually believe that, but I suppose it's possible.  Look at the measures he took to change his face.... did he do something as drastic to his genitals?   Could be, I guess.  Like I said, weird.

The first charges brought against him, he settled out of court.  In later interviews, he stated he was not admitting guilt - he just wanted it to go away... and he had the money to do it.  It does make me wonder: if my child had claimed to be molested, there is no amount of money in the world that would shut me up.  So that case, to me, is suspect.

As for the trial, he was acquitted.  There was not enough evidence to convict him, and the supposed victim was not convincing in his testimony.  In a televised interview with MJ with his accuser sitting right next to him filmed just a few weeks before he was accused of child molestation, his accuser appeared to be a happy, untroubled kid. 

Michael was a sad figure to me, and I feel people took advantage of his weirdness and loneliness.

I didn't watch the memorial.  I agree the media is spending way too much time on this. . . but it is what is is, and now he's buried.  Time to move on and try to remember him as before and enjoy the music... and I will enjoy the wonderful, timeless music. 

Sherri
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)