Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Myth of al-Qaeda Now Recognized by Corporate Media

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

It's interesting to note that, at long last, the mainstream media is hinting that the words ‘al Qaeda' has simplistically become a metaphor for those that are fighting the US in Iraq and elsewhere and that ‘al Qaeda' is not, as they have pushed for years, a specific organisation that is led and organised by the equally metaphoric and very dead ‘Osama bin Laden'.

Michael Cooper and Larry Rohter of ‘The New York Times' today wrote: "As he campaigns with the weight of a deeply unpopular war on his shoulders, Senator John McCain of Arizona frequently uses the shorthand "Al Qaeda" to describe the enemy in Iraq in pressing to stay the course in the war there." It's a step in the right direction for the mainstream media to at last concede that ‘al Qaeda' is indeed merely ‘shorthand' for those that battle against US occupiers of various countries in the Middle East and Central Asia.

In much the same way as the Americans invoked the words ‘al Qaeda' to denote those that raise their hands against them in defense of their lands, the Israelis today refer to all Palestinians that are fighting for their lands back as ‘terrorists'. The Israelis tried for a while to cast Palestinian fighters into the ‘al Qaeda' mould but it was quickly revealed that those the Israelis ‘captured' turned out to be Israeli intelligence patsies. They have occasionally tried it on since but haven't of late been silly enough to actually insist that ‘al Qaeda' is active with Palestinian fighters.

http://www.truthnews.us/?p=2163

by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tericared
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM

"I must be a redneck on April 22nd, 2008

Try the FBI website. It has said for years that Osama Bin Laden is NOT responsible for the events of 911. So why did we invade Afghanistan again?"

Quote taken from blog...

sweetie00
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM

To bring our great Democracy to the ME, of course.......shrugging

P.S. Too bad the corp media is just now figuring this out........................what ....8 years too late?.

tericared
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Quoting sweetie00:

P.S. Too bad the corp media is just now figuring this out........................what ....8 years too late?.

Of course this is only a blog but I do happen to think it holds a lot of truth....

sweetie00
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting sweetie00:

Of course this is only a blog but I do happen to think it holds a lot of truth....

I was being sarcastic! I agree with the blog, as well. The 'democracy' schtick has been the last excuse left for supporters. That is what I was saying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured