Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm being a bother??

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

My 5yo daughter, is currently on vacation with my in-laws. The kids get to take turns going, once they turn 5. I try to call and talk to her daily. Either fairly early in the morning, or late in the day, as to not interrupt their activities. My husband says that I am being a nuisance!! What? How is missing and wanting to talk to my daughter a bother? I call once a day, or every other day ONCE!

So, am I really being a bother, or just a mom?

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

by on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CandiGram
by Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM

You are not being a bother. I am doing the same thing.  My girls are spending the summer with their grandparents and I call EVERY day. Most of the time I call on my way to work. The girls are usually sitting down for breakfast.  I don't speak to them every day though because sometimes they don't want to speak to me.  My girls are 6 and going on 2.  So I just check in on them.

charlie06
by on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

NO way are you being a bother. I think it's a mother thing to always know how your child is doing, guys do not think the same way we do.

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Quoting charlie06:

NO way are you being a bother. I think it's a mother thing to always know how your child is doing, guys do not think the same way we do.

I might be able to accept his stance, if it didn't so blatantly contradict what happens if I happen to be away! He calls me no less than 10 times a day, then bitches that I haven't called him! THAT'S not a bother?

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Quoting charlie06:

I LOVE hearing about what she's up to. She sounds so excited and grown up, when she tells me what she's been doing. So sweet! This is her first time to the Ocean, and she is having a blast!

gogetem
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Not a bother, just a good mommy.  What does a man know, anyway?  lol

tericared
by on Jul. 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Quoting gogetem:

Not a bother, just a good mommy.  What does a man know, anyway?  lol

this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN