Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

RACISM (spinoff from another post)

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:28 PM
  • 350 Replies

Since another post that was about one specific incident went way off track, I though we could discuss just this issue. What are your views? How do you think and how do you perceive other peoples thoughts? Is it just your own perception of what you think that other people may think? I'd really like to know.

Please. Think hard before making your answers because I've seen people contradict theirselves more than once. Some of us are tired of being called a racist when we don't support a decision just because it was made by a AA group/family, even if we would not like that same decision/ action if it were to come from any other ethnic background.

Bottom line, what are your thoughts on racism?

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ain-gell72
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I think the word should be abolished from human vocabulary, myself.

along with the act of it!

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Just going to copy this over:

Claiming power by any group is a matter of perception that is given to that group. If you perceive them to be superior they will be and that thought gives them their power. If one group takes another by force (which happens irregardless of race) it is either because that group perceives itself inferior or they fear that group. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. The perception that the majority has privilege is because it is given to them by those who feel inferior.

Sometime it seems people use racism to degrade others rather than address the matter or discussion at hand. Not everything is racist that people are now claiming: when a member of a one race calls another a "crack whore" based on how they are dressed or look that is not racism. That is classism. If it is not directly based on the color of the skin it is no longer racism. Also, just because a person does not like the president is not necessarily because they are racist, some do not like him because he is not what he claims to be which is transparent or is not doing things that is considered by that person in the best interest of the country. Calling each and everything racist because someone of a different race says it is keep racism alive. It belittles the real autrocity of racism and serves to make a mockery of the reality of it happening.

tericared
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Quoting ain-gell72:

I think the word should be abolished from human vocabulary, myself.

along with the act of it!

perfect

DaisyRae
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Racism and prejudice are the same thing for one...racism is just an extreme form of prejudice, both of which are nothing but complete ignorance. Anyone of any nationality and genealogy can be a racist, if you dislike or hate someone of another nationality/genealogy then you ARE a racist.  Racism sickens me on every level. I cannot stand it in the least!!!  I especially hate it when professed Christians spout off racist remarks and think they are somehow justified because they are "believers"! I believe we are all created in the image of God and therefore we are ALL beautiful and more valuable than anything else in all creation.

lacylady
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I am in a group with ms. E who admits to being Racist against White people..I have admitted (because I was raised by very RACIST PEOPLE) I have never known anything but racism...I have come a long way YET, I have a long way to go....I KNOW anybody can be racist but just white people....I think calling a Spanish person a mexican is a form of racism,unless they say that is what they prefer to be called...Just as I think its a form of racism to all a white person a cracker, its racist to call a black person a nigga, Its racist to call Asian person a speck or whatever it is about their eyes being little? But you get want I mean...Its a sad thing that the RACE Card being played so often that  A lot of people will began to  say " Its just another WOLF CRY" probably never even happened...and drop it as that.....Then what will happen to TRUE RACISM It won't EVER get better...... Being prejeduce is the same as being Racist I think maybe some people think they will be accepted easier IF they say they are maybe a little prejeduuce.....against this or that.....But bottom line it all comes out about the same...

I think there is a fine line between PRIDE for your RACE and becoming a FANATIC...about your RACE...once you cross that line you become your own (race's) WORST enemy....

LacyLouise

MS. Lacylady,God Believing,born again,Practing Believer of The Trinity, lover,wife,mom,nana,nature lover,child spanker,teen respecting,non-abortion,never homosexual,totally self satisfied human being!!
blondekosmic15
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Forgiveness from the heart...stop bringing up the past....truly learning from our mistakes... striving for a future absent of being prejudice & resentful etc.

Photobucket

CSRodriguez
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Ok   I don't care  what anybody says  When a white persons says  WE   I  automatically  get a chill up my spine and   think  racist    

I think the root of racisim on all sides   is this    stipid ass    Us vs them thinking .

I am not part of  no WE  club and when I talk to you I don't count you as one of THEM

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM

What is the racial breakdown in the population of the world?

There's about 6.5 billion people in the world. (http://www.prb.org/pdf06/06WorldDataSheet.pdf)

Asia (3970) Africa (925 million) Europe (730) Latin/South America/Carribean (560) North America (330) Oceania (35)

Those are the facts. Now let's make some rough approximations about race in these different areas (the political correct and turn their heads now, please)

Asian 60.6% Black 14.1% White 16.7% Latino 8.5%

So it is Asian.

Quoting erimar2:

I am prejudice against you and others like you! keep my damn name out your mouth! and i will not reply too or quote you again! just do the same for me! i don't like you point period! i knew you were racist!

now back too the post!

Racism too me are ppl who are superior, have power and wealth. and that equals only one group that have been like that for yrs and still are the biggest group of ppl throughout the world! WHITE PPL. no matter what culture you are still WHITE PPL.

until someone can show me proof, some facts real facts that this is not true, than maybe, no promises. I might look a different way! b/c right now i have not seen any!

Quoting lacylady:

I am in a group with ms. E who admits to being Racist against White people

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I'm really not trying to stir the pot on this issue. I genuinely would like to know and learn what some people consider racist comments against a certain race. And also let either side express what actions they perceive as being racist. I see a lot of us on here trying to defend ourselves against being called a racist. That goes for both sides. Can anyone side say why they consider something to be racist so the other side could maybe explain why in all actuality they feel that way? And be honest without being catty? I know that's a tall order, just wanting to try.

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
Eilish
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Copy and Paste:

You know what ... there is racism from ALL races. Period. There are racist whites, blacks, Asians, native Americans, Mexicans.... you name a race, and there are going to be people from that race who are racist; who think their race is supreme for whatever reason. What I can't stand are hypocritical people who think that only the whites are racist, or only the blacks are racists, etc. Black supremacy is just as real as white supremacy and they are BOTH wrong.

As for the question of why I posted the "Black Supremacy" post ... it was to reiderate the point to erimar2, that the evil she is so highly against exists within her own culture. And instead of pointing to the splinter in other people's eyes, she should get the log out of her own eye. There is no race on this planet that is innocent of hatred towards another race; that doesn't put itself on a high pedestal over all others.

The best way to eliminate hate and ignorance is start with yourself.

And with that, I'm done .... I refuse to argue with folly.

"If you are wise, you are wise for yourself; if you scoff, you alone will bear it.

The woman Folly is loud; she is seductive and knows nothing.

She sits at the door of her house;

she takes a seat on the highest places of the town,

calling to those who pass by, who are going straight on their way"

Proverbs 9:12-15

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN