Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bishop's Castle- for the libertarians:)

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 12:39 PM
  • 30 Replies

This is a guy I've met a few times, and we go see the castle every year in the summer when we're out in Colorado. I thought some of you would find this man and his message interesting.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM

That's me and Matt.

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Or not.

Talee
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I want to go there!

WildKat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:04 PM

bump so I can view this later - my computer's being slow right now.

Peace,

Kat

Eilish
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:13 PM

bump for later .....

Wyldbutterfly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:53 PM

LOVE IT! 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Well, I'm glad someone liked it! He's a hoot, isn't he? And the place IS amazing. And a trifle dangerous- but well.. . you know!

He makes you sign his book stating your won't sue him if something happens.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

LOVE IT! 

Eilish
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Quoting Raintree:

Well, I'm glad someone liked it! He's a hoot, isn't he? And the place IS amazing. And a trifle dangerous- but well.. . you know!

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

LOVE IT! 

OMG Raintree .... we could actually go visit this guy. We live in NM and I-25 is our main Interstate. This poor old man sounds so senile, but he is so right. Did he tell you what the government tried to charge him with. If it was in the video I didn't catch it.

Eilish
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Listen to this .... he says he took the IRS to common law court and won. I've heard that the only way you can beat the IRS is by doing just such a thing, but I hadn't heard of anyone who had done it.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Quoting Eilish:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

LOVE IT! 

OMG Raintree .... we could actually go visit this guy. We live in NM and I-25 is our main Interstate. This poor old man sounds so senile, but he is so right. Did he tell you what the government tried to charge him with. If it was in the video I didn't catch it.

Oh, they've been bothering him for years. Zoning, and the fact that he doesn't have insurance to cover anyone, and I'm not sure if he pays ANY taxes, etc. He's a toughie. He also was accused of firing a gun at people. Apparently someone had a late night party up there- wedding or something- and people were getting drunk/disorderly and wouldn't leave, so he got out the gun. Didn't hurt anyone, but the court ordered that the sheriff take ONE of his guns away?? Which I hardly see the point of, since he has more, but whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)