Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Race Mixing .....no PC allowed ....

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 85 Replies

I hope folks here can be totally honest. It's something I'm curious about, and to get a sample of where we are with this. Here it goes:

Do you believe in race-mixing? Would you do it? How would you react if your children did it? and what were you taught?

and what is your race (optional)?

any additional thoughts are welcome.

oh yeah, and don't attack anybody b/c they don't agree with you. you're not going to change minds that way. people are who they are and believe what they believe. i'd rather have someone be honest than give a PC answer. if you can't contain yourself, move on.

by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I am white and I am perfectly ok with race mixing and I would be fine if my kids fell in love with a person of a different race. 

justgg
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:55 PM

i think the color of your skin should not have anything to with who you are friends with or who you fall in love with.

QUOTING QUEEN LATIFAH  IN HAIR SPRAY.......

LOVE IS A GIFT, ALOT OF PEOPLE DON'T REMEMBER THAT SO YOU BETTER BRACE YOURSELF FOR A WHOLE LOTTA UGLY COMING AT YOU FROM A NEVER ENDING PARADE OF STUPID.

I LOVE MY 7 BIRACIAL CHILDREN kiss

FIND ME AT ; WWW.CAFEMOM.COM/GROUP/TRUETALESOFACRAZEDMOM

Wyldbutterfly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Yes I believe in "race mixing".  Add a little of this and a little of that and look at that something wonderful that was created. Yes I would do it, only I can't as I am married. And if my children married someone of another race I would be perfectly fine with it. It's the person that matters, not the complexion of their skin. I was taught that it didn't matter what race I married, so long as they treated me with respect and loved me. I am white!

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I grew up in a town of a little less than 400 people and never lived in town with or went to school with any one of another race (white). However, I am perfectly fine with race mixing it just wasn't an option to me during school and I met my husband when I was almost 17 so it didn't come up later in life either. If my kids brought home a GF or BF of another race there may be the initial and very brief shock just because there are no racially mixed couples on either side of our families. BUT I would be just fine with it and happy if they find love no matter what race that person is.

When my kids ask why someone is darker skined then them I just say everyone is different and it's okay! (just like animals are different colors but still the same lol they understand it that way)

SisterA
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:59 PM

This might take some explaining on my part.  Let me see if I can get this right. I am white, and when I think about my kids dating or marring another race, lets say a black man, in my mid I am seeing Denzel, Montel,  Colin Powell, and so on. I am not thinking of the young black men I see on the street, with the loud car stereos,  pants dragging the ground and things such as this. 

In all honesty, I don't know how I would feel about it. I don't think it would be about the color of his skin but how "ethic" of a black man he was. Hope that made sense. 

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Quoting SisterA:

This might take some explaining on my part.  Let me see if I can get this right. I am white, and when I think about my kids dating or marring another race, lets say a black man, in my mid I am seeing Denzel, Montel,  Colin Powell, and so on. I am not thinking of the young black men I see on the street, with the loud car stereos,  pants dragging the ground and things such as this. 

In all honesty, I don't know how I would feel about it. I don't think it would be about the color of his skin but how "ethic" of a black man he was. Hope that made sense. 

I do understand what you are saying I wouldn't want my kids with a white person that dressed or acted that way either, not only black men act and dress this way!

sappharie
by Member on Jul. 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM

LOVE IS LOVE  AND FRIENDSHIP IS FRIENDSHIP

Quoting justgg:

i think the color of your skin should not have anything to with who you are friends with or who you fall in love with.

margroc
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I am half native canadian and half irish.  I look irish and my brother and sister both look native. I've seen racism and bigotry first hand.  I've seen my brother and cousins targeted just for being native.  

You would think people in the world would be more caring toward each other, but that's not real life.  It's sad.

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM

There are so few that are of a pure race left I think it should be a moot point by now. Funny how so many seem to think they are pure though.

SisterA
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Quoting SisterA:

I do understand what you are saying I wouldn't want my kids with a white person that dressed or acted that way either, not only black men act and dress this way!

I KNEW I was going to leave something out of my post. Yes, you're right, all races have those that we would not want our kids with.  I have a teen daughter now that I would love to see break up with her current "friend". We are inviting him with us everywhere we go hoping that she'll get sick of him!   laughing

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN