Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Race Mixing .....no PC allowed ....

Posted by   + Show Post

I hope folks here can be totally honest. It's something I'm curious about, and to get a sample of where we are with this. Here it goes:

Do you believe in race-mixing? Would you do it? How would you react if your children did it? and what were you taught?

and what is your race (optional)?

any additional thoughts are welcome.

oh yeah, and don't attack anybody b/c they don't agree with you. you're not going to change minds that way. people are who they are and believe what they believe. i'd rather have someone be honest than give a PC answer. if you can't contain yourself, move on.

by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Replies (81-85):
possummom
by on Jul. 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM

this made me tear up. i wish there were more people like you. what a wonderful thing for you to tell your grandson.

Quoting OneVoice4U:

Good Topic!

My Wonderful Daughter in Law is American Indian, Dutch and African American. My son had gone through a major heart ache before he had meet her. He is caucasian. Not only have they made a great couple but they have been married over 8 years. Have a set of Twin Girls, a Boy and a Daughter from a previous relationship..they are mine...mine...mine...MY GRAND BABIES! Do you think that I care that my Daughter in law has a different skin tone than I? What I care about is her heart. The kind of Mom and Wife she is. The fact that she is intelligent, funny and beautiful is a gift from God! My Grandson who is now 4 was noticing that his coloring was darker than mine. By birth he is, Polish, Jewish, Italian, American Indian, Afro-American and Dutch.  He asked me what he was? I gave him a big hug and told him he was made of many parts and that he should be proud of each one, He looked at me alittle confused and I answered him, "MY boy you are GLORIOUS and you let me know if any one tells you different! Thank you for this wonderful topic.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 3:52 PM

From a genetic standpoint, it's better to marry outside of your race. I don't care who marries who.

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Quoting OneVoice4U:

Good Topic!

My Wonderful Daughter in Law is American Indian, Dutch and African American. My son had gone through a major heart ache before he had meet her. He is caucasian. Not only have they made a great couple but they have been married over 8 years. Have a set of Twin Girls, a Boy and a Daughter from a previous relationship..they are mine...mine...mine...MY GRAND BABIES! Do you think that I care that my Daughter in law has a different skin tone than I? What I care about is her heart. The kind of Mom and Wife she is. The fact that she is intelligent, funny and beautiful is a gift from God! My Grandson who is now 4 was noticing that his coloring was darker than mine. By birth he is, Polish, Jewish, Italian, American Indian, Afro-American and Dutch.  He asked me what he was? I gave him a big hug and told him he was made of many parts and that he should be proud of each one, He looked at me alittle confused and I answered him, "MY boy you are GLORIOUS and you let me know if any one tells you different! Thank you for this wonderful topic.

you sound a lot like my MIL. that kind of support is so awesome. you are awesome.

my MIL sends me cards in the mail and always says how proud she is to have me as her daughter. i'm actually a similar "mix" to your DIL, actually exactly the same AA, Dutch and NA. My DH is Hungarian. I can cook chicken paprikash, make keiflies, and we're all members of the local Hungarian society.

you are a beautiful example of supporting a marriage ... and we're all thankful for moms like you!!! 

Moki75
by Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I say bring it.....

packermomof2
by on Jul. 18, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I'm white.  My kids are half Korean.  People are people - that is how I look at it.

Two of my brothers are half Mexican and one is half black... only known as my brothers..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN