Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Picky eater under 1 year old, HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM
  • 3 Replies

eating

My daughter is 11 months old and has had a mouth full of teeth since 4 months. I have been breastfeeding her on demand since birth. She is a VERY big fan of "mommy-milk" and was introduced to solids at 6-7 months if age. She was a pretty good eater up until about a month and a half ago. She still nurses on demand, but she has gone on strike and refuses to eat ANY baby food, and is very picky about the "big girl" food I prepare for her. My husband and I have decided to go the all-natural, organic, and soy route with her, but she will chew something for a minute then spit it out. It is frustrating because I don't think she is getting what she needs nurtitionally.

Any menu suggestions or ideas on how to get her to eat, or is this a phase? Please help!!!!

by on Jul. 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lifescholar
by Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Good news!  Breast milk is all she needs nutritionally right now!!  Up until 1 year, solids should NOT replace any breast feeding, but just be for practice and fun.

I know a little boy who didn't eat solids until he was 23 months old!  He had no problem transitioning, and still nurses at over 3 years old, but eats a variety of (vegan) foods.

I've known several other babies who haven't been interested in solids until 8, 9, 12, 15, 18 months!  Not a problem, as long as they are getting enough breast milk!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

norwegianwood
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Quote:

the all-natural, organic, and soy route with her, but she will chew something for a minute then spit it out. It is frustrating because I don't think she is getting what she needs nurtitionally.

First of all, no duh..YUCK to those soy products. LMAO They TASTE awful! So I don't blame her for that.

No worries. If she is still nursing and still growing she is getting what she needs. My daughter nursed until 15 months, and nursed exclusively--she wanted NOTHING to do with ANY foods--until she was 9 mos and went straight to seconds foods ...never did eat ANY of the pureed junk. The doc told me that as long as she was growing and healthy, not to worry about it. That she would start eating more when she needed to do so. After THREE bouts of mastitis, very painful, they said I should stop nursing her altogether. When I did, her eating habits picked up and opened up because it was her ONLY choice. : )

Good luck. I KNOW we all want to do what's BEST for our kids. But humans have managed without books and professionals for thousands of years...you'll do fine.

P

tericared
by on Jul. 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM

My girls would not put baby food in their mouths, try down sizing a bit, introduce one thing, like it good stick with one thing, and then introduce something else....If she doesnt like it forget about it for a while,,,as long as she is getting breast milk she will be fine,,,that is as long as you are Ok she is OK..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN