Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

let us mark the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the lunar landing...

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2009 at 11:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

by on Jul. 20, 2009 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jul. 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM

...with a little humor!

Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I have no audio ;o(

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jul. 21, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Quoting Della529:

I have no audio ;o(

OM goodness...well, try to catch it when you are at work or the library.  It really is a hoot...

BTW, have you posted in your local freecycle group?  Do you know about freecycle?  It's a yahoo group (they have local groups everywhere) where ppl post items they have that they no longer need or need to get rid of, and where ppl can post that they are looking for a particular item.  Here's how they put it:

Freecycle(TM) is for all who want to find a new home for reuseable items. Everything must be FREE, legal and appropriate for all ages. Freecycle is a movement of people keeping stuff out of landfills while building a sense of community.

This Freecycle(TM) mailing list is for offering things for FREE. No trading, no bartering, no swapping, no selling. All pickups and deliveries are to be arranged between the parties involved.

I have gotten and given all manner of things: from clothing to furniture to kid gear to computers...and one thing I did not have that I posted I was looking for was computer speakers!!

Give it a look-see...

ddbz
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2009 at 1:07 AM

See everyone - I told you the lunar landing was a hoax! This proves it! 

Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 21, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Della529:

I have no audio ;o(

OM goodness...well, try to catch it when you are at work or the library.  It really is a hoot...

BTW, have you posted in your local freecycle group?  Do you know about freecycle?  It's a yahoo group (they have local groups everywhere) where ppl post items they have that they no longer need or need to get rid of, and where ppl can post that they are looking for a particular item.  Here's how they put it:

Freecycle(TM) is for all who want to find a new home for reuseable items. Everything must be FREE, legal and appropriate for all ages. Freecycle is a movement of people keeping stuff out of landfills while building a sense of community.

This Freecycle(TM) mailing list is for offering things for FREE. No trading, no bartering, no swapping, no selling. All pickups and deliveries are to be arranged between the parties involved.

I have gotten and given all manner of things: from clothing to furniture to kid gear to computers...and one thing I did not have that I posted I was looking for was computer speakers!!

Give it a look-see...

Oh yeah, I know about freecycle and I LOVE it and I RECOMMEND it.  It helped a whole bunch when my home burned, and I have met many wonderful people in my give and get experiences. 

The problem is the tower connection for the speakers.  Something isn't working at the connection. 

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jul. 21, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Well then, maybe you need to post for a computer...after months...probably more than a year...I finally got lucky and was the first to respond to a person who was getting rid of her mom's computer (said her mom just never used it!).  It is newer and in better shape than mine!!  Now I just gotta get my data transferred and set 'er up.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jul. 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Quoting ddbz:

Lol...yeaaarrgh!  I won't have nightmares about tentacle boobs...I won't have nightmares about tentacle boobs...I won't have nightmares about tentacle boobs!!

tericared
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting ddbz:

Lol...yeaaarrgh!  I won't have nightmares about tentacle boobs...I won't have nightmares about tentacle boobs...I won't have nightmares about tentacle boobs!!

great I'll watch it tomorrow........

Lindalu2
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I remember the Moon Landing well. I was married, 28 years old, I had 2 small children and my DH was serving in the AirForce, in Thailand for a year, during the War in SE Asia. 1969.. I watched it at home and I was amazed. What a historical event.

What is with this "freecycle" thing right in the middle of a discussion of the Moon Landing?  LOL.....?

Kaelaasmom
by Member on Jul. 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

That was funny. 

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN