Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

? for for those that donr belive in God

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

so i got to thinking, if an atheist group is offend by the phrase "In God we trust" or "Under God" as in the pledge of allegiance, and dosent want it in or on anything like buildings and such. then how do they feel about the phrase on our money? im not trying to be rude or a smart a** or anything. im just cursious on they feel.

by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pepperlynns
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM

i wonder what God THINKS of being on money

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 9,7,5 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

wanna make money? CLICK ME!!!!

margroc
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I'm agnostic but I won't respond because I'm Canadian and we have no reference to God on our money. 

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I really don't care. Its not like i HAVE to read it aloud.

**im a 22 y/o UNMARRIED mother of 2 who-speaks & types exactly how she wants-loves the 360-loves takin pics-is never seen w/o her blackberry-loves rap & r & b music but also loves her emo punk shit-waits on her man hand & foot-keeps to herself-is very outspoken-will say whatever is on her mind (ignorent or not)-but also has a sensitive side & is there for anyone who needs her-had her son at 17,finished highschool,and isnt with her 1st borns father-doesn't have her son currently living with her-has a white son and a bi racial daughter-is with her daughters father-is pro choice-is a formula feeding-disposable diaper using-non cio-co sleep when i feel like it-circumcised her son-vaccinates both children ... so yea somethings may be the 'typical teen mom sterotype' but until you get to know me, you DON'T know me ... & whatever you don't like about me -- I DON'T GIVE'A FUCK!**

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I'm Agnostic. I am not offended by those phrases I simply don't believe they belong on/in the pledge or money. This is based more on my research of the founders and how those words came to be used than on my beliefs or lack thereof.

I believe anything representing this nation should be inclusive and we should go back to the original motto the founding fathers chose. 

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

MAXnBRYCESmom
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I am an Atheist, I am not offended by it, however, I do feel that it could be offensive to others. America is built on diversity, wether it be nationality, religion, sexual preference, and not everyone thinks it is fair to have the word "God" on the money everyone uses. Think of it this way, what if American money had the words "In Allah We Trust" because Muslim was the largest religion in the US? I bet other religions would protest it too.

-Annie-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)