Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does she make any sense?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: What did you think of her farewell speech?

Options:

Great speech

Horrible speech

Typical

Who cares/undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

Excerpts from Sarah Palin's farewell speech are being discussed up and down by the media. What did you think of her farewell speech? Does she make any sense?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
margroc
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Depends who you ask - to some she is one of the greatest orators of all time.  To me she sounds like an idiot.  I've said it before - she's all style - no substance.

Before the right goes crazy regarding my response - I am not jealous of this woman - I aspire to be like women who are not self serving but who are compassionate and humane and inspire those qualities in others; women who are smart because they know what they are talking about and have done their research - not someone who thinks she sounds smart because she knows a few buzzwords. Yep, you betcha' good

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Quoting margroc:

Depends who you ask - to some she is one of the greatest orators of all time.  To me she sounds like an idiot.  I've said it before - she's all style - no substance.

Before the right goes crazy regarding my response - I am not jealous of this woman - I aspire to be like women who are not self serving but who are compassionate and humane and inspire those qualities in others; women who are smart because they know what they are talking about and have done their research - not someone who thinks she sounds smart because she knows a few buzzwords. Yep, you betcha' good

Did I ever tell you your my hero? =)

margroc
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Stefanie1085:

Quoting margroc:

Did I ever tell you your my hero? =)

Shucks!   LOL

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Darn it!!  I saw this on the Colbert Report last night, and was going to post it, and you beat me to it!! She sounded like a moron, and sadly, that is typical Palin. I find her to be a very likable gal, as far as just as a person, because let's face it the woman is funny! She really needs to find something other then Politics as a career though, because in that particular arena, she's a complete joke. 

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Quoting Gretchen2876:

Darn it!!  I saw this on the Colbert Report last night, and was going to post it, and you beat me to it!! She sounded like a moron, and sadly, that is typical Palin. I find her to be a very likable gal, as far as just as a person, because let's face it the woman is funny! She really needs to find something other then Politics as a career though, because in that particular arena, she's a complete joke. 

Lol, I agree - she needs to leave politics asap!

Kassie09
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I don't care...

blinkie_ilovemygirlspink.gifblinkie_happilymarried_pink.giffullmom.gif image by Venus853

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I finally realize what it is about her, besides the obvious ,she is sooooo wordy. It takes her an extra 20 words to say somthing that a regular person would only need 6.eye rolling

CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Some pundits were saying that this is the makings of a great stump speech for 2012. It's SO ridiculous/preposterous/laughable that Republicans (if there's any truth to the rumors) are looking to her to save the party. No wonder they are in deep trouble!

MrsRStewart
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM

What was so laughable about it?  What was so funny?  What was so bad?  Why is she a joke?  Why should she leave politics? 

a wedding website

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Quoting MrsRStewart:

What was so laughable about it? It was like one big run-on sentence, that made absolutely no sense. Especially the part where she was talking about the weather.

What was so funny?  What did any of it have to do with her resigning?

What was so bad? It wasn't bad per-se, but it was very confusing.

Why is she a joke?  She has no idea what she is talking about most of the time, and obviously just wings it. Not to mention, she is quite hypocritical when she speaks of people who don't agree with her. Pot/Kettle Sarah?

Why should she leave politics?  She doesn't know enough, she's too green, as far as that goes. That, and her record so far, does not speak well of her.

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)