Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Pelosi: Hypocrisy at it's best.

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 2:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

Pelosi is now saying these protests at the town halls are unamerican. Isn't this what the left cried about with Karl Rove and Dick Cheney challenging people's patriotism? I'm not a huge fan of protesters because I think it's unproductive, but I thought the left thought that dissent was the highest form of patriotism? Now they are challenging the town hall protesters patriotism, anybody else smell the hypocrisy?

No, I didn't write this myself but find it very interesting. Also, that when all the anti-war people are out screaming and protesting, no one called them unpatriotic. If Obama truly wants to get anything done, he needs to find a way to shut her mouth. 

ETA: I don't mean that no one called the anti-war protesters un-patriotic, just certainly not the Speaker of the House.

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Aug. 11, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Ugh, Pelosi is an idiot. Wish Cindy Sheehan had won her seat last year. I don't know one Dem who likes her, she DOES NOT speak for the left.

I support the protesters right to speak up. I don't think their methods are conducive to actually getting anything done but they have the right.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Natish0405
by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 2:10 PM

The only thing "unAmerican" is trying to prevent people from exercise their freedoms.  They can't shut people up so they attempt to villainize them.  They're not bright enough to realize this only serves to add fuel to the fire, giving protesters more steam.   Pelosi doesn't strike me as being the brightest bulb in the chandelier anyway.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I think we all need to step back and try to agree on a few things here.

1- EVERYONE has the right to speak to THEIR congressman or senator.

2- NO ONE has the right to 'shout others down' and especially NOT in a meeting representing an area they are not residents of- This pertains to both sides.

3- The anti-war protesters WERE called unpatriotic. Many times.

4- Just because number three is true, doesn't mean it's right to call right-wing protesters unpatriotic.

And nobody gets to call anyone Hitler, for crying out loud.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Aug. 11, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Quoting Raintree:

I think we all need to step back and try to agree on a few things here.

1- EVERYONE has the right to speak to THEIR congressman or senator.

2- NO ONE has the right to 'shout others down' and especially NOT in a meeting representing an area they are not residents of- This pertains to both sides.

3- The anti-war protesters WERE called unpatriotic. Many times.

4- Just because number three is true, doesn't mean it's right to call right-wing protesters unpatriotic.

And nobody gets to call anyone Hitler, for crying out loud.

bow down

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)