Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaving kids in the car

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM
  • 3 Replies

Poll

Question: How many of you have accidentally left your kid in the car

Options:

Yes

Never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

ok this is my last question for tonight

I was watching the t.v. show Hawthorne and a woman had came in the hospital because of her mom and she accidentally left her baby in the car for like an hour and the baby ended up dieing.

I have herd of woman who have left a baby in the car by accident but nothing has happen to the baby thank God. I have done it when my DD was like 3 and now i can laugh about it. But I know that some tragedy can happen. so I just wanted to know how many parents have done it.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tericared
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:53 AM
evythecute
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM

honestly i have left my DD in the car wile i ran in the house or paid for gas But i always leave the car running with the AC on and the doors locked (leave the keys in the car but take the remote with me). I have never forgot my DD in the car or left her in a hot car. Or even left her in a cool car for than a minute or so.  

hsteele
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I have left my 3 year old in the car while I step just inside the house and I can see her still. I have never even accidentally left her alone in the car where she was not in my direct line of sight. As for the incident described on the show I didn't see it but if the woman was distracted by an emergency with her mother, as tragic as the death of the baby was I do not think in this case I would call it neglect. I say that because usually when I hear about something like this happening its usually because of neglect on the part of the parent or caregiver. But if this woman was emotionally distraught over her mother then it might, and I say might be just a sad accident and not neglect.

Quoting evythecute:

honestly i have left my DD in the car wile i ran in the house or paid for gas But i always leave the car running with the AC on and the doors locked (leave the keys in the car but take the remote with me). I have never forgot my DD in the car or left her in a hot car. Or even left her in a cool car for than a minute or so.  

Heather
Proud Pagan Momma

"Fighting for Peace is like screwing for virginity."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)