Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You See the Pentagram!?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 AM
  • 61 Replies

I recall reading about Anton LaVey during the 80's in some of my Christian literature. Any moms ever heard about him or live near this location?

Is there a pentagram in Costa Mesa plaza?

August 10th, 2009, 9:03 pm ·  posted by Jeff Collins

maguire-pacificartsaer1Maguire Properties’ news that it will turn six Orange County properties over to lenders sparked an unusual debate about whether there are satanic influences in the design of one property, the Pacific Arts Plaza near the Orange County Performing Arts Center in Costa Mesa.

Commenter Liar Loan wrote that a sculpture garden and plaza designed by Isamu Noguchi has the nickname Devil’s Playground.

maguire-pacificartslavey“There’s an urban legend that these buildings form the outline of a pentagram from the air.” Some even believe, he said, that Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey (right) had something to do with the design because the property is located on Anton Boulevard.

Also, he said, the sculptures have a post-apocalyptic new age look that adds to the mystique.

So you decide.

Click on the images to see aerials, a site plan and a view of the Noguchi plaza. See a pentagram?

maguire-pacificartsaer2 maguire-pacificartsaer3 maguire-pacificartsnoguchi

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CSRodriguez
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:24 AM

ya  I don't  see no pentagram   And never heard Satanic messages playing Beatles backward either  just effed up the vinyl 

mistynights234
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

I recall reading about Anton LaVey during the 80's in some of my Christian literature. Any moms ever heard about him or live near this location?

maguire-pacificartsaer1Maguire Properties’ news that it will turn six Orange County properties over to lenders sparked an unusual debate about whether there are satanic influences in the design of one property, the Pacific Arts Plaza near the Orange County Performing Arts Center in Costa Mesa.

Commenter Liar Loan wrote that a sculpture garden and plaza designed by Isamu Noguchi has the nickname Devil’s Playground.

maguire-pacificartslavey“There’s an urban legend that these buildings form the outline of a pentagram from the air.” Some even believe, he said, that Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey (right) had something to do with the design because the property is located on Anton Boulevard.

Also, he said, the sculptures have a post-apocalyptic new age look that adds to the mystique.

So you decide.

Click on the images to see aerials, a site plan and a view of the Noguchi plaza. See a pentagram?

Have you ever taken the time to learn the history of the pentagram?  YOU may be suprised :)

blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Quoting mistynights234:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

So you decide.

Have you ever taken the time to learn the history of the pentagram?  YOU may be suprised :)

Thx. for mentioning but I posted this site b/c I accidently stumbled across it....thought it would open up some interesting dialogue esp. if someone lives near this location~

Natish0405
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I didn't see the pentagram, but then I'm really tired.  I have heard of LaVey.  He's the crazy dude that wrote the satanic bible and started the satanic "church."

tericared
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Quoting CSRodriguez:

ya  I don't  see no pentagram   And never heard Satanic messages playing Beatles backward either  just effed up the vinyl 

I dont see it either..

momof6nokc
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:04 AM

I don't see a pentagram, but I did see Elvis last week at the McDonalds down the road from my house...he was buying coffee.  He looked pretty good too.

Night ladies...long day

Kathy

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.  "Pooh," he whispered.  "Yes, Piglet?"  "Nothing" said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."  ~Winnie The Pooh

rocklovinggirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:09 AM
I don't see it either...

I support Ron Paul!
Blueroses_78
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM
Nope. No pent. I'm a Pagan, so I looked REALLY hard to find it - nope. There isn't one there.

As for LaVey, he was the founder of the Church of Satan. Interesting fellow. Very articulate, polite. Read a non biased biography on him. He's a very intriguing fellow.

babies
pregnancy
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:13 AM

There's one in the Republican Party logo! Nay! Not ONE but THREE!!

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM

really??? interesting LOL, anywho

maguire-pacificartslavey   this I kid you not looks like my ex-husband when he was skinny.

Quoting Raintree:

There's one in the Republican Party logo! Nay! Not ONE but THREE!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)