Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama quote from Town Hall meeting yesterday...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM
  • 23 Replies

Here is a quote from Obama made yesterday at his Health Care Townhall meeting:

I think private insurers should be able to compete. They do it all the time. I mean, if you think about, if you think about it, um, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. Right? The, uh, no they are. I mean, it's the post office that's always having problems. 

So... if the post office, which is run by the Government, is always having problems... why in the hell would I want that same Government running my health care????  Someone explain that to me :)

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Exactly enough said.

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Because since the post office "always" has problems (manily because each one is ran just a bit differnt than the others IMO) hence why people use UPS, FEDEX to ship items, it inadverntaly made UPS and FEDEX become "more" realiable" and thus "better " than the post office, IF there were a public option along with all the other PRIVATE options it would make the PRIVATE options in essance "strive" to want to seem "BETTER" than the public plan thus makeing it more afforadable for people to get the "BEST" healthcare coverage they could.

lilyrose73
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Quoting mamaof2angles:

Because since the post office "always" has problems (manily because each one is ran just a bit differnt than the others IMO) hence why people use UPS, FEDEX to ship items, it inadverntaly made UPS and FEDEX become "more" realiable" and thus "better " than the post office, IF there were a public option along with all the other PRIVATE options it would make the PRIVATE options in essance "strive" to want to seem "BETTER" than the public plan thus makeing it more afforadable for people to get the "BEST" healthcare coverage they could.

Well, according the Obama himself (I just added the video), that is already happening with private insurance companies.  And that doesn't NOT answer my question... if the Gov can't run the post office without problem, why do they think the can add a public insurance option without problems????

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:32 AM

NO we have to pump billions into it. Allow it to kill off enough poor and elderly to get the public outraged. Vote someone new in who will offer change and get rid of it first. Come on don't you understand the process lol. We haven't lost billions and thousands of lives yet.

Quoting lilyrose73:

Quoting mamaof2angles:

Well, according the Obama himself (I just added the video), that is already happening with private insurance companies.  And that doesn't NOT answer my question... if the Gov can't run the post office without problem, why do they think the can add a public insurance option without problems????

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM

In answer to your question, they run the health insurance for FEDERAL workers and the Military with out to much of an issue, they also run Medicare, the FEDERAL government DOES NOT run medicaid, EACH STATE is responiable for the mediciad.

Some Private not ALL are like that, basically what he wants to do IF it should get passed by both chambers of congress and he agrees with it, he wants to be able to offer EXACTLY what Federal workers get offered EVERY OPEN ENROLLMENT "SEASON". thus making more compitaion and makeing sure that EVERYONE that can afford medical insurance can get it. BCBS of CA which is through Wal-Mart Picks and choose litteraly whom and what they will cover as does most BCBS plans, I had BCBS of CA through Wal-mart even though I live in MT because at the time of my 2nd pregnancy I was working at wal-mart and when i found out at 18 weeks pregnancy that my daughter had Spina Bifida, I was told flat out because I found out before she was born its "pre-existing" and they will NOT COVER ANY OF HER NEEDS ONCE SHE IS BORN.

Quoting lilyrose73:

Quoting mamaof2angles:

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Umm no Obama even said in the Town Hall yesterday he would NOT sign a bill that will make the defict worse, and it WILL NOT kill off the poor and elderly.  I really wish you would knock that off, PALIN started the stupid Death Boards things yet the part she was talking about was written by a REPUBLICAN.  Besides you SERIOUSLY dont think thats EXACTLY what a private insurance company board DOES NOT DO????  Its the actual insurance company that determines which doctors are or are not "in-network" and which specialsit they will and will not cover.

Quoting momaof8:

NO we have to pump billions into it. Allow it to kill off enough poor and elderly to get the public outraged. Vote someone new in who will offer change and get rid of it first. Come on don't you understand the process lol. We haven't lost billions and thousands of lives yet.

Quoting lilyrose73:

Quoting mamaof2angles:

MissBearNMonkey
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM

The US Postal Service is a corporation. 

EDIT: It's not a private company(my bad), it's a government-owned corporation.

It is legally defined as an "independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States," (39 U.S.C. § 201) and is wholly owned by the government and controlled by the Presidential appointees and the Postmaster General. As a quasi-governmental agency, it has many special privileges, including sovereign immunity, eminent domain powers, powers to negotiate postal treaties with foreign nations, and an exclusive legal right to deliver first-class and third-class mail.

(courtesty of wiki)

SPEAK OUT! News & Debate

BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS!

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:47 AM

The ''death panel'' provision - OR as it is more CORRECTLY known, Advance Care Planning- was pushed heavily by a pro-life republican from Georgia-

Johnny Isakson

"I believe it is every person's right and responsibility to make sure their loved ones are prepared to make decisions on their behalf by discussing and documenting their wishes," Isakson said at the time. "It is my sincere hope that all Georgians will join me in following the lead of the Georgia General Assembly's Resolution and make their final wishes known."

http://www.southernstudies.org/2009/08/death-panel-architect-a-pro-life-republican-from-georgia.html

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:49 AM

And even that was "techinally" taken out of context as well am I correct raintree??

Quoting Raintree:

The ''death panel'' provision - OR as it is more CORRECTLY known, Advance Care Planning- was pushed heavily by a pro-life republican from Georgia-

Johnny Isakson

"I believe it is every person's right and responsibility to make sure their loved ones are prepared to make decisions on their behalf by discussing and documenting their wishes," Isakson said at the time. "It is my sincere hope that all Georgians will join me in following the lead of the Georgia General Assembly's Resolution and make their final wishes known."

http://www.southernstudies.org/2009/08/death-panel-architect-a-pro-life-republican-from-georgia.html

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM

In which direction?

Quoting mamaof2angles:

And even that was "techinally" taken out of context as well am I correct raintree??

Quoting Raintree:

Johnny Isakson

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)