Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS is MY health plan!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

A few of these should be able to clean the pirates out of the Indian Ocean  
Meet the
 U.S.S. Independence (LCS-2) A Triple Hulled, Weapon-Laden Monster.

New series of U.S. Navy's triple-hulled Ships, one that was launched last month, the U.S.S
Independence

Built by General Dynamics,
it's called a "Littoral Combat Ship" (LCS), and the trimaran can move huge weapons
Around faster than any ship in the Navy.
Ironic that with all that High tech built in, the ship reminds us of the Merrimac ironclad
From Civil War days.

Littoral means close to shore, and that's where these fleet-hulled babies will operate, tailor-made for launching helicopters and Armored vehicles, sweeping mines and firing all manner of torpedoes,
Missiles and machine guns.
These ships were designed to be relatively inexpensive, this one's A bargain at $208 million and the Navy plans to build 55 of them..
This trimaran is the first of the new fire-breathing breed, ready to sail out of dry dock at a rumored 60 knots.. It's like a speedy and heavily armed aircraft carrier for helicopters.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cowgirlsr2
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

How many fish decorations did they make to get this one?

WImom2
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Now THAT is American!

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Yup...just imagine what could be done domestically, with just hunting down and trimming out the waste in the defense budget...which is notorious for being wasteful, and poorly managed money-wise (how 'bout them suitcases of cash over in Eye-rack, that went unaccounted for?).

"I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit."

BlueStarMom88
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Quoting cowgirlsr2:

How many fish decorations did they make to get this one?

I  got ya fish!

BlueStarMom88
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM

With these we wouldn't need hardly any boots on the ground!!!!! BTW.........one pair of those boots belong to my son!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowgirlsr2
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:59 AM

I know it is a good thing I just hate to see good ships sunk when they could be used for something.

tericared
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Quoting BlueStarMom88:

With these we wouldn't need hardly any boots on the ground!!!!! BTW.........one pair of those boots belong to my son!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an impressive looking ship....btw all of our boots need to come home....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)