Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just out of curiousity..........

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 86 Replies

Poll

Question: what is your sign?

Options:

• Aries - March 21 - April 20

• Taurus - April 21 - May 21

• Gemini - May 22 - June 21

• Cancer - June 22 - July 22

• Leo - July 23 -August 21

• Virgo - August 22 - September 23

• Libra - September 24 - October 23

• Scorpio - October 24 - November 22

• Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22

• Capricorn - December 23 - January 20

• Aquarius - January 21 - February 19

• Pisces - February 20- March 20

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

This group has a lot of strong willed, opinionated, inquisitive women. Many times we agree but but, most times we don't. Just out of curiosity what sign is everyone. I thought it would be fun to see if  our signs match our way of responding.

my sign is

Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.

• The finer things in life
  • Sharing
  • conviviality
  • Gentleness

DISLIKES

• Violence
  • Injustice
  • Brutishness
  • Being a slave to fashion

now your turn......

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ain-gell72
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM

VIRGO- I'm passionate, that's all that needs to said.

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I am a Libra. I think it is accurate, mostly. My 'impatience of criticism' and 'greed for approval' stems from my perfectionism and fear of disappointing those I love. I hate making mistakes! I don't hate criticism but I hate messing up!

MissBearNMonkey
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I'm on the cusp of Libra and Scorpio (Oct 22).  

SPEAK OUT! News & Debate

BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS! BRAINY BOOKS!

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Virgo is the only zodiacal sign represented by a female. It is sometimes thought of as a potentially creative girl, delicately lovely; sometimes as a somewhat older woman, intelligent but rather pedantic and spinsterish. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgoan preciseness, refinement, fastidious love of cleanliness, hygiene and good order, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient, practical supporters of the status quo, and tend toward conservatism in all departments of life. On the surface they are emotionally cold, and sometimes this goes deeper, for their habit of suppressing their natural kindness may in the end cause it to atrophy, with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and those they do make they are careful to keep superficial.

But the outward lack of feeling may, in some individuals born under this sign, conceal too much emotion, to which they are afraid of giving way because they do not trust others, nor do they have confidence

in themselves and their judgments. This is because they are conscious of certain shortcomings in themselves of worldliness, of practicality, of sophistication and of outgoingness. So they bring the art of self concealment to a high pitch, hiding their apprehensiveness about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under a mantle of matter-of-factness and undemonstrative, quiet reserve. They are still waters that run deep. Yet in their unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well spoken, wise and witty, with a good understanding of other people's problems which they can tackle with a practicality not always evident in their own personal relationships.

• Health foods
  • Lists
  • Hygiene
  • Order
  • Wholesomeness

DISLIKES

• Hazards to health
  • Anything sordid
  • Sloppy workers
  • Squalor
  • Being uncertain

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Quoting MissBearNMonkey:

I'm on the cusp of Libra and Scorpio (Oct 22).  

Awww my baby will be too! She's due around then!

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Quoting Stefanie1085:

I am a Libra. I think it is accurate, mostly. My 'impatience of criticism' and 'greed for approval' stems from my perfectionism and fear of disappointing those I love. I hate making mistakes! I don't hate criticism but I hate messing up!

I knew it!

lilyrose73
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I am also a Libra... 

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM

wow no wonder things get firey up in here! LOL!

Quoting lilyrose73:

I am also a Libra... 

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Sorry.  Astrology is just a form of superstition.

"I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit."

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

come on , just for fun. It got me pegged!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Sorry.  Astrology is just a form of superstition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN