Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: what is your sign?

Options:

• Aries - March 21 - April 20

• Taurus - April 21 - May 21

• Gemini - May 22 - June 21

• Cancer - June 22 - July 22

• Leo - July 23 -August 21

• Virgo - August 22 - September 23

• Libra - September 24 - October 23

• Scorpio - October 24 - November 22

• Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22

• Capricorn - December 23 - January 20

• Aquarius - January 21 - February 19

• Pisces - February 20- March 20

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

This group has a lot of strong willed, opinionated, inquisitive women. Many times we agree but but, most times we don't. Just out of curiosity what sign is everyone. I thought it would be fun to see if  our signs match our way of responding.

my sign is

Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.

• The finer things in life
  • Sharing
  • conviviality
  • Gentleness

DISLIKES

• Violence
  • Injustice
  • Brutishness
  • Being a slave to fashion

now your turn......

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Replies (51-60):
emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM

LOL!

Quoting aidans_mama:

this post reminds me of last week when i was at work.  my officers and i were talking about the chinese zodiac and which animal we were.  i was like, "i am an ox."  one of my inmates was like, "lt., this is the year of the ox."  i was like, "ok."  then all the officers and the inmates were telling what animal they were according to the chinese zodiac...then out of no where, this big (wrestler big) inmate says, "i'm a cancer."  everybody got quiet, then another inmate goes, "you big dumb motherfucker....we talking 'bout the chinese zodiac.....goddamn public schools." 

OT, i know, but that mess was too funny.  dont' know what the public school comment had to do with anything, but their inmates, sometimes, they just don't make any sense.

charlie06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I love this stuff, lol! I already posted, but I was looking up my middle son to see what his sign was and I though my daughter was a piesces but she is a Auarius, My husband and old son are both pisces my middle son is a Leo and My youngest son is a virgo like me!  

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Born on the cusp of Leo and Virgo.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I'm Capricorn.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Individuals born on the cusp of Leo (the fifth Sign of the Zodiac) and Virgo (the sixth Sign of the Zodiac) are ruled by both the Sun and the Planet Mercury. The attributes of these two combined Signs result in a good-natured disposition and natives who are inclined to take life easy, being well-satisfied with both themselves and their station in life. These cuspians make for good neighbors who would never dream of meddling in the affairs of others. Usually highly intelligent, Leo/Virgo subjects are methodical and inclined to be hard-workers. Indeed, this particular cusp combination has produced some exceedingly successful physicians and teachers.

The Leo/Virgo cusp combination, also known as the Cusp of Exposure, corresponds symbolically to the period of human life at around the age of thirty-five. Here, there is an interesting blend of the introvert and the extrovert...a mix of the practical and earthy qualities afforded by Virgo coupled with the more intuitive and fiery traits of Leo. The end result is often a quietly inspired individual who keeps his or her light within. Some of these cuspians emit a muted or even nondescript first impression which often conceals a far more flamboyant tendency. Others come across as exhibitionists, but are really sensitive and private individuals. There is a tendency here to hide certain personal qualities or facts...possibly for years. Nevertheless, the inner flamboyance is apt to emerge periodically in even the most introverted of these cuspians and during such occasions, they will reveal themselves to the world, totally aware of what they are doing. Many Leo/Virgo natives eventually come to realize that self-concealment is futile since the more they attempt to hide, the more those around them appear to be taking notice of what they are are (or are not) doing. By aiming to be more transparent and allowing others to see what they truly are instead of going into hiding, these cuspians may well be able to even out their swings between introverted and extroverted behavior.

Quoting Raintree:

Born on the cusp of Leo and Virgo.

behappilyever
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

me too

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Gemini. 

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM

My sister is a Capricorn!! Oh lOrd! Stubborn - but once she ran out side naked  to save me because she thought I was in trouble.  LOL. She wakes up in the middle of the night to right a poem or paint a mural.

The sign Capricorn is one of the most stable and (mostly) serious of the zodiacal types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong willed and calm. These hardworking, unemotional, shrewd, practical, responsible, persevering, and cautious to the extreme persons, are capable of persisting for as long as is necessary to accomplish a goal they have set for themselves. Capricorn are reliable workers in almost any profession they undertake. They are the major finishers of most projects started by the 'pioneering' signs; with firm stick-to-it-ness they quickly become the backbone of any company they work for.

Capricorn make of themselves, resourceful, determined managers; setting high standards for themselves and others. They strive always for honesty in their criticism of self, they respect discipline from above and demand it from those beneath them. In their methodical, tough, stubborn, unyielding way, they persist against personal hardship, putting their families and/or their work before their own needs and welfare to reach their objectives long after others have given up and fallen by the wayside. In fact when practical ability allied with the drive of ambition are required in employees to make a project succeed, Capricorn are the people to hire. They plan carefully to fulfill their ambitions (which often include becoming wealthy), they are economical without meanness, and able to achieve great results with minimum effort and expense. Because of their organizing ability they are able to work on several projects simultaneously

Quoting behappilyever:

me too

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Gemini. 

mommymonkey
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I am Aquarius/Pisces. And it fits me well.

Aquarius is the 11th sign of the Zodiac. Aquarians are humanitarians and philanthropists, the visionaries of the zodiac. Aquarians value friendship and often have many acquaintances in addition to their close friends. Pisces is the 12th and final sign of the Zodiac. All that is learned by the first 11 signs comes together to help Pisces reach the pinnacle of their potential. Aquarius/Pisces are selfless and spiritual, often strongly intuitive and receptive to the collective unconscious.
     The astrological symbol of Aquarius is the Water Bearer. The astrological symbol of Pisces is the Pair of Fish. Those born on the Aquarius/Pisces cusp reflect the dual nature of life, reality and nonreality, consciousness and the unconscious. They represent consciousness through the flowing of ideas. They work hard to bring their ideas to fruition, stubbornly refusing to give up their causes. In this way, the Fixed Quality of Aquarius is the Fixed exemplified. However, the Mutable Quality of Pisces shows itself equally by deeming these individuals as people without a strong agenda; they tend to go with the flow and move where life takes them. They are peace loving and friendly, and are the chameleons of the Zodiac, receptive to the needs of others but sometimes getting lost themselves.
     Aquarius is ruled by the planets Uranus and Saturn. In ancient Roman mythology, Saturn (and his Greek equivalent, Cronus) was the father of many gods, including Zeus. Uranus, the oldest god, was associated with Earth. When the planet Uranus was discovered, astrologers assigned it as the modern ruler of Aquarius. It is from this planet that Aquarians receive their visionary nature. Uranus is associated with progress and technology -- anything that is radical -- and it rules electricity and astrology.
     Pisces is ruled by the planets Jupiter and Neptune. In ancient Roman mythology, Jupiter (and his Greek equivalent, Zeus) was the king of the gods. Neptune (and his Greek equivalent, Poseidon) was the god of the sea. When the planet Neptune was discovered, modern astrologers assigned it to be the ruler of Pisces. Neptune is about everything that isn't quite real: illusion and disillusionment, fantasy, drama and art, and spirituality. All of these are important to those born under Pisces. Aquarius/Pisces tend to be strongly spiritual (not necessarily religious) and artistic. They are idealistic, but sometimes their dreams are vague and impractical. When reality intrudes, they can become pessimistic or lethargic, but they are very adaptive and broad-minded, so they can rework their ideals when necessary.
     The element associated with Aquarius is Air. Air Signs are intellectual, and they tend to respond to the world through intellect, rather than physical action or practicality. The element associated with Pisces is Water. Because Water Signs are emotional, they tend to respond to the world through emotion. Aquarius/Pisces are tolerant and open-minded, but tend to stick to their beliefs. They are compassionate, sensitive, imaginative and sympathetic to the feelings of others. They tend to be romantic and sentimental, but they may give in to escapism. They are devoted to their goals, but they can be disorganized or procrastinate when faced with difficulties. Their intellect makes them logical and self-confident, but it may also makes them aloof from people around them. They are original, offbeat and even eccentric, but they are also rather bored by detail. Reformist and experimental, Aquarius/Pisces may seem cold toward people who don't share their intellectual orientation to life. Those born on the Aquarius/Pisces cusp may become timid if their emotions are abused too often.
      Aquarius/Pisces are often multitalented, both in scientific and creative endeavors. They are unique and rebellious people who are driven to change the world. However, they can be shy, quiet and sometimes elusive, refusing to show their true selves. They are modest and thoughtful, sometimes displaying remarkable musical talent. Their freedom is important to them, and they are often driven to help others become free, as well.
     In their leisure time, Aquarius/Pisces are social animals. They may work to alleviate their emotional stress through contact with others and exercise. They greatly prefer team sports to solitary athletics, and they often have a fondness for swimming or water polo. In love relationships, Aquarius/Pisces is flirtatious, caring and romantic. Aquarius rules the ankles. People born under Aquarius may be more susceptible to sprains than those of other signs.      Aquarius's colors are the colors of the water they carry: turquoise, aqua and silver.
     The great strength of the Aquarius/Pisces is in their visionary nature and their compassion. They are the people who take the world to the next level; they make others see things in a new light. Their ability to break the rules and help others reach their fullest potential makes them one of the most understanding characters of the zodiac.

I claim to be honest, and I am. I never said you'd like me for my opinions...

amygray
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Quoting emilysmom1966:

Funny, I don't know any Aquirious- Like the song though!

Aquarians basically possess strong and attractive personalities. They fall into two principle types: one shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the other exuberant, lively and exhibitionist, sometimes hiding the considerable depths of their character under a cloak of frivolity. Both types are strong willed and forceful in their different ways and have strong convictions, though as they seek truth above all things, they are usually honest enough to change their opinions, however firmly held, if evidence comes to light which persuades them that they have been mistaken. They have a breadth of vision that brings diverse factors into a whole, and can see both sides of an argument without shilly-shallying as to which side to take. Consequently they are unprejudiced and tolerant of other points of view. This is because they can see the validity of the argument, even if they do not accept it themselves. They obey the Quaker exhortation to "Be open to truth, from whatever source it comes," and are prepared to learn from everyone.

Both types are humane, frank, serious minded, genial, refined, sometimes ethereal, and idealistic, though this last quality is tempered with a sensible practicality. They are quick, active and persevering without being self-assertive, and express themselves with reason, moderation and sometimes, a dry humor.

They are nearly always intelligent, concise, clear and logical. Many are strongly imaginative and psychically intuitive, so that the Age of Aquarius, which is about to begin, is much anticipated by psychic circles as an age in which mankind will experience a great spiritual awakening. The Aquarian philosophical and spiritual bent may be dangerous in that it can drive the subjects into an ivory-tower existence where they meditate on abstractions that bear little relevance to life. On the other hand it can help the many who have scientific leanings to combine these with the Aquarian yearning for the universal recognition of the brotherhood of man, and to embark on scientific research to fulfill their philanthropic ideals of benefiting mankind. When some cause or work of this nature inspires them, they are capable of such devotion to it that they may drive themselves to the point of exhaustion and even risk injuring their health.

Both types need to retire from the world at times and to become temporary loners. They appreciate opportunities for meditation or, if they are religious, of retreats. Even in company they are fiercely independent, refusing to follow the crowd. They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms. Normally they have good taste in drama, music and art, and are also gifted in the arts, especially drama

Quoting amygray:

I am an aquarius  

I am such an aquarius..  I am more of the lively type..but yep that is so me..

margroc
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:21 AM

I tend to fit the scorpio mold where it comes to being intensely loyal to someone but if that person betrays me then I write them off completely.  Although I'm not very posessive or jealous really.  One more thing in common!

Quoting mrs_khan07:

Quoting margroc:

I'm a Scorpio

The Scorpio is one of the most prominent of all the zodiac signs. It represents one of the strongest, intelligent signs. The Scorpio personality is usually powerfully intense, strong, and persistent, and the traits of the Scorpio varies with both positive and negative characteristics. Overall, Scorpio's are generally powerful, independent, strong, an probing.

I knew we had something in common Margroc! The body parts that we rule are the reproductive organs. Apparently I don't rule mine because they aren't working properly! And we're very possesive and jealous. I must say I'm not so possesive, way more laid back.

A society which emphasizes uniformity is one which creates intolerance and hate.  - Pierre E. Trudeau

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)