Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: what is your sign?

Options:

• Aries - March 21 - April 20

• Taurus - April 21 - May 21

• Gemini - May 22 - June 21

• Cancer - June 22 - July 22

• Leo - July 23 -August 21

• Virgo - August 22 - September 23

• Libra - September 24 - October 23

• Scorpio - October 24 - November 22

• Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22

• Capricorn - December 23 - January 20

• Aquarius - January 21 - February 19

• Pisces - February 20- March 20

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

This group has a lot of strong willed, opinionated, inquisitive women. Many times we agree but but, most times we don't. Just out of curiosity what sign is everyone. I thought it would be fun to see if  our signs match our way of responding.

my sign is

Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.

• The finer things in life
  • Sharing
  • conviviality
  • Gentleness

DISLIKES

• Violence
  • Injustice
  • Brutishness
  • Being a slave to fashion

now your turn......

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Replies (61-70):
margroc
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Ha Ha - that's a funny story - maybe he meant the guy was educated in the public school system and it's below par or something - which actually makes the story funnier LOL

BTW - I'm a pig!

Quoting aidans_mama:

this post reminds me of last week when i was at work.  my officers and i were talking about the chinese zodiac and which animal we were.  i was like, "i am an ox."  one of my inmates was like, "lt., this is the year of the ox."  i was like, "ok."  then all the officers and the inmates were telling what animal they were according to the chinese zodiac...then out of no where, this big (wrestler big) inmate says, "i'm a cancer."  everybody got quiet, then another inmate goes, "you big dumb motherfucker....we talking 'bout the chinese zodiac.....goddamn public schools." 

OT, i know, but that mess was too funny.  dont' know what the public school comment had to do with anything, but their inmates, sometimes, they just don't make any sense.

A society which emphasizes uniformity is one which creates intolerance and hate.  - Pierre E. Trudeau

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM

I is a LOL - enough said.

rocklovinggirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I am a capricorn and have done the same thing, and yeah I am definitely stubborn! The only thing I disagree with on this is the unemotional...I am a very emotional person!

Quoting emilysmom1966:

My sister is a Capricorn!! Oh lOrd! Stubborn - but once she ran out side naked  to save me because she thought I was in trouble.  LOL. She wakes up in the middle of the night to right a poem or paint a mural.

The sign Capricorn is one of the most stable and (mostly) serious of the zodiacal types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong willed and calm. These hardworking, unemotional, shrewd, practical, responsible, persevering, and cautious to the extreme persons, are capable of persisting for as long as is necessary to accomplish a goal they have set for themselves. Capricorn are reliable workers in almost any profession they undertake. They are the major finishers of most projects started by the 'pioneering' signs; with firm stick-to-it-ness they quickly become the backbone of any company they work for.

Capricorn make of themselves, resourceful, determined managers; setting high standards for themselves and others. They strive always for honesty in their criticism of self, they respect discipline from above and demand it from those beneath them. In their methodical, tough, stubborn, unyielding way, they persist against personal hardship, putting their families and/or their work before their own needs and welfare to reach their objectives long after others have given up and fallen by the wayside. In fact when practical ability allied with the drive of ambition are required in employees to make a project succeed, Capricorn are the people to hire. They plan carefully to fulfill their ambitions (which often include becoming wealthy), they are economical without meanness, and able to achieve great results with minimum effort and expense. Because of their organizing ability they are able to work on several projects simultaneously.

Quoting PamR:

I know I'm a Capricorn, but that's all I know about it.

Soon to be BFing, selective vaxing, cloth diapering and baby wearing momma to Josiah! Loves World of Warcraft, scrapbooking, reading, rock music, the color pink and the Vampire Lestat! TX born and raised, open minded, Ron Paul supporting Libertarian, loving Army wife and most importantly Christian!
emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM

The characteristics of taurus are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive them, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative good, law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace, possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie. As they have a sense of material values and physical possessions, respect for property and a horror of falling into debt, they will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo and be somewhat hostile to change.

Mentally, the caracteristics of taurus are keen-witted and practical more often than intellectual, but apt to become fixed in their opinions through their preference for following accepted and reliable patterns of experience. Taurus character is generally dependable, steadfast, prudent, just, firm and unshaken in the face of difficulties. Their vices arise from their virtues, going to extremes on occasion,such as sometimes being too slavish to the conventions they admire.

On rare occasions a Taurus may be obstinately and exasperatingly self-righteous, unoriginal, rigid, ultraconservative, argumentative, querulous bores, stuck in a self-centered rut. They may develop a brooding resentment through nursing a series of injuries received and, whether their characters are positive or negative, they need someone to stroke their egos with a frequent, "Well Done!" Most Taurus people are not this extreme though.

They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection, but rarely make friends with anyone outside their social rank, to which they are ordinarily excessively faithful. In the main, they are gentle, even tempered, good natured, modest and slow to anger, disliking quarreling and avoiding ill-feeling. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent outbursts of ferocious anger in which they seem to lose all self-control. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun.

Although their physical appearance may belie it, they have a strong aesthetic taste, enjoying art, for which they may have a talent, beauty (recoiling from anything sordid or ugly) and music. They may have a strong, sometimes unconventional, religious faith. Allied to their taste for all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine and they may have to resist the temptation to over indulgence, leading to drunkenness, gross sensuality, and covetousness.

Quoting eaglemama2:

I is a LOL - enough said.

Grannygoli
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM

i am gemini.

I think that it is just fun this whole astrology thing and that we have all these characteristics in all of us but that we enhance some and lower some.  Just a fun way, a language to talk about ourselves.

What is truth anyway?  Words are imagination.

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Aquarius!!  

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM

That fits rather eerily...

And I'm turning 35 this month...

Quoting emilysmom1966:

Individuals born on the cusp of Leo (the fifth Sign of the Zodiac) and Virgo (the sixth Sign of the Zodiac) are ruled by both the Sun and the Planet Mercury. The attributes of these two combined Signs result in a good-natured disposition and natives who are inclined to take life easy, being well-satisfied with both themselves and their station in life. These cuspians make for good neighbors who would never dream of meddling in the affairs of others. Usually highly intelligent, Leo/Virgo subjects are methodical and inclined to be hard-workers. Indeed, this particular cusp combination has produced some exceedingly successful physicians and teachers.

The Leo/Virgo cusp combination, also known as the Cusp of Exposure, corresponds symbolically to the period of human life at around the age of thirty-five. Here, there is an interesting blend of the introvert and the extrovert...a mix of the practical and earthy qualities afforded by Virgo coupled with the more intuitive and fiery traits of Leo. The end result is often a quietly inspired individual who keeps his or her light within. Some of these cuspians emit a muted or even nondescript first impression which often conceals a far more flamboyant tendency. Others come across as exhibitionists, but are really sensitive and private individuals. There is a tendency here to hide certain personal qualities or facts...possibly for years. Nevertheless, the inner flamboyance is apt to emerge periodically in even the most introverted of these cuspians and during such occasions, they will reveal themselves to the world, totally aware of what they are doing. Many Leo/Virgo natives eventually come to realize that self-concealment is futile since the more they attempt to hide, the more those around them appear to be taking notice of what they are are (or are not) doing. By aiming to be more transparent and allowing others to see what they truly are instead of going into hiding, these cuspians may well be able to even out their swings between introverted and extroverted behavior.

Quoting Raintree:

Born on the cusp of Leo and Virgo.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM

happy birthday That was the best age! Live it up girl go out and do something wild to celebrate!!!!

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting emilysmom1966:

Individuals born on the cusp of Leo (the fifth Sign of the Zodiac) and Virgo (the sixth Sign of the Zodiac) are ruled by both the Sun and the Planet Mercury. The attributes of these two combined Signs result in a good-natured disposition and natives who are inclined to take life easy, being well-satisfied with both themselves and their station in life. These cuspians make for good neighbors who would never dream of meddling in the affairs of others. Usually highly intelligent, Leo/Virgo subjects are methodical and inclined to be hard-workers. Indeed, this particular cusp combination has produced some exceedingly successful physicians and teachers.

The Leo/Virgo cusp combination, also known as the Cusp of Exposure, corresponds symbolically to the period of human life at around the age of thirty-five. Here, there is an interesting blend of the introvert and the extrovert...a mix of the practical and earthy qualities afforded by Virgo coupled with the more intuitive and fiery traits of Leo. The end result is often a quietly inspired individual who keeps his or her light within. Some of these cuspians emit a muted or even nondescript first impression which often conceals a far more flamboyant tendency. Others come across as exhibitionists, but are really sensitive and private individuals. There is a tendency here to hide certain personal qualities or facts...possibly for years. Nevertheless, the inner flamboyance is apt to emerge periodically in even the most introverted of these cuspians and during such occasions, they will reveal themselves to the world, totally aware of what they are doing. Many Leo/Virgo natives eventually come to realize that self-concealment is futile since the more they attempt to hide, the more those around them appear to be taking notice of what they are are (or are not) doing. By aiming to be more transparent and allowing others to see what they truly are instead of going into hiding, these cuspians may well be able to even out their swings between introverted and extroverted behavior.

Quoting Raintree:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM

LOL- we're having a Food Inc party- then going to the park for raw chocolate cake- does that count? That's about as wild as I get.

People do think I'm funny, though. Little stand-up in my blood, I suppose. Maybe I'll provide the entertainment.

AND.. I'm going back to school. Yeah- this will be a different year.

Quoting emilysmom1966:

happy birthday That was the best age! Live it up girl go out and do something wild to celebrate!!!!

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting emilysmom1966:

Quoting Raintree:

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. - Michael Pollan

And while you're at it, remember that when you purchase food, you're voting with your dollar. Local farms, diversity, sustainability- all these should be positively answered by your vote. 

rotPferd
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Quoting emilysmom1966:

My mom is a pieces. I can't live without her. She critisizes me to no end but she is the air that I breath next to my daughter and husband!

Pisces is said to be the most sensitive of signs--and the most vulnerable. The traditional Pisces traits are imaginative and sensitive, compassionate and kind, selfless and unworldly, intuitive and sympathetic. Pisceans tend to withdraw into a dream world where their qualities can bring mental satisfaction and sometimes, fame and financial reward for they are extremely gifted artistically. They are also versatile and intuitive, have quick understanding, observe and listen well, and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres. 

Pisces's glyph shows two fish hooked together but swimming in opposite directions. The image is a metaphor for the Piscean character. One part of it swims wide, toward the edge of the universe, while the other dives deep seeking some mystical substratum of reality. Ideally there is a rhythm to the journeys: the fish reunite and share their discoveries before setting out again on their separate missions.

Unselfish submission defines love for the Piscean, who gains more pleasure from giving than from receiving. They often succumb to temptation, and float from one partner to another. In this way, or by refusing any partners, they avoid becoming hooked by deep emotional commitment. Those who refuse both these directions and take a middle way are richly awarded. They are never egotistical in their personal relationships.

Romanticism plays a role in the lives of the Piscean. Free of negative influences, however, they are cheerful and sensual and quietly appreciative of life's pleasures. Pisceans are visionaries; they often find it hard to live in the present or to interact with people less spiritually inclined than they.

However, the vulnerable Pisceans are escapists and idealistic, secretive and vague, weak-willed and easily led

Quoting rotPferd:

I'm Pieces also and alot of what describes them fits me. Not so fond of the water anymore after living close to the beach for 6 years and getting caught in an undertow.

Ok I take that back lol. Alot of this fit me when I was younger but I have toughened up since then and not so vulnerable. Trust doesn't come easy with me as it once did and I am very strong willed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)