Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just want to try something

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

What do you believe healthcare for this country should be?

How close do you believe the purposed (HR 3200) bill is to what you think it should be?

What would you change if you could?

This is not a place to list facts and try to dispute things, this is on your personal beliefs as you see things not what the politicians are spewing.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Della529
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Affordable for all.

I think the whole system needs to be completely reformulated.

tericared
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Della529:

Affordable for all.

sounds good

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I think it should be more affordable, yes, and needs to be reformed, but don't like the healthcare bill in its entirety. 

ain-gell72
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM

all ins. companies should cover pre and existing conditions. it should be affordable to all who want it, instead of think it is owed to them, if you work, you can get it affordablely, in other words.

yes- I know not everyone can work, but that only should apply to those with legit disabilities, b/c, let's face it, there are too many trying to play the I am disabled card to get out of working! the only way to get free care should be if you have no one to cover you  ( which should be affordable to do so) and you are disabled. and if not working but not disabled, there could be some sort of limited coverage provided ( prenatal, children well visits, one physical a year, and a max of er visits and unlimited urgent care visits) this coverage could be provided by family members at a rate of half of what they pay for their own family and also be reeimbursed once the family is working again and can obtain their own coverage at an affordable rate.

yes, my plan could use some tweeking, but I see nothing wrong in it.

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Quoting Della529:

Affordable for all.

Yep!

rella8672
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I don't like this bill.I personally think insurance companies should have to compete for customers.If they have to compete with each other,the rates will be less and the coverage will be better.Take the control away from the insurance industry and put it back in the hands of the consumer..

CSRodriguez
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM

no insurance company should be able to take money from a persons paycheck and deny them any form of care recommeded by their doc

Theft is what that is  

Imsupermom2
by Cynthia on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM

No government involvement

No pharmaceutical companies making the decisions as to a doctors care

No patents on Medications

No denying patients for pre-existing problems

Affordability

Stop the nonsensical law-suits against medical providers so that the price won't keep increasing.

Not allowing insurance companies to make and set the rules

and on and on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)