Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where are you?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM
  • 24 Replies

OK.....we all have seen this graft....we also understand it means care vs. yrs. doesn't matter it you agree or not.....I don't even care! MY question is......ANY OF YOU that have ANY kind  mental health  issues ,antidepressants,antianxiety,bi-polar postpartumdepression......whatever you want to call yours........where do you sit on this graft based on the level of the opinion of a SUIT sitting behind a desk at the White House.....who gets care quicker......more/less or NONE at all.............will it be me or YOU? 

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:49 PM

how about a source for the GRAPH.  Also, this idea that your care access to care will diminish based on your age is not accurate. 

BlueStarMom88
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Quoting katy_kay:

how about a source for the GRAPH.  Also, this idea that your care access to care will diminish based on your age is not accurate. 

Read S L O W E R to the way I worded my post!

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Well, we are talking about mental health here right? Something needs to be done about this. And by that I mean too many people are walking into the docs office saying they are depressed and getting prescriptions for drugs that turn them into zombies. This is a very common trend with folks in their 20s-30s and those same folks (not all but a lot) like to take these pills, drink, and get behind the wheel of a car. Or you can nix the drinking and it's still just as bad behind the wheel. Before anyone argues, almost everyone in my family has been on some sort of anti-depressant, my mother throughout most of my childhood. If the main side effect of these drugs is "suicidal thoughts" it needs to be evaluated whether the patient truly needs the drugs and if the risks will outweigh the benefits.

Now, the drug companies have a lot to gain from this, which is why they are constantly advertising all of these depression drugs. There needs to be a major decrease of the amount of anti-depressants that are being handed out to people. Life is rough but there can't be that many depressed people.

You mention a SUIT sitting behind a desk at the white house, what about the suits sitting behind desks right now making a ridiculous amount of money off of America's drug dependency? Either way there's a suit involved, the color of the suit is irrelevant, I want to know what that suit has to gain and how many suits are getting a piece of the pie as well.

Mrs. Khan

katy_kay
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Quoting BlueStarMom88:

Quoting katy_kay:

you read SLOWER and provide a link

BTW...reading your post for the third time, it's horribly written.  You realize that insurance companies already determine cost over benefit in determining what medications and services they will cover? 

Pepperlynns
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM

You mention a SUIT sitting behind a desk at the white house, what about the suits sitting behind desks right now making a ridiculous amount of money off of America's drug dependency? Either way there's a suit involved, the color of the suit is irrelevant, I want to know what that suit has to gain and how many suits are getting a piece of the pie as well.

My *drug dealer* makes alot off of us 

BlueStarMom88
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Quoting katy_kay:

Quoting BlueStarMom88:

Quoting katy_kay:

BTW...reading your post for the third time, it's horribly written.  You realize that insurance companies already determine cost over benefit in determining what medications and services they will cover? 

My Link is just my opinion! Who plays God To determine who is WORTHY for what king if any care! Need to go now....my caregiver has just given me my haldol!

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Quoting katy_kay:

Here's your source for the graph since it seems you are one of the few people to have not seen it. It also comes complete with the entire article.

http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/PIIS0140673609601379.pdf

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:15 AM

The stupid!!  ....It hurts!!!

"I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit."

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:15 AM

I can understand you just fine Lynn.....but I can see how people can get totally confused eye rolling

Quoting katy_kay:

Quoting BlueStarMom88:

Quoting katy_kay:

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

The stupid!!  ....It hurts!!!

YES IT REALLY DOES!!!  And hopefully soon it won't hurt all of us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)