Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why the Feminists Don't Speak for Me~ PIOG*

Why the “Feminists” Don’t Speak for Me: The Diary of a Mom Supremacist

The “feminists” don’t speak for me:

Because I believe that women are miracle workers through our extraordinary capacity to nurture life within and to bring forth children. To me, the primacy of unrestricted abortion in the “feminist” agenda reveals an insidious movement to deny women our full potential.

Because I interpret chivalrous gestures as an affirmation of female ascendency. It is odd that in a culture where the rich and powerful rely on personal security details, “feminists” perceive the male instinct to protect women as a sign of female weakness.

Because I am amazed at the degree to which motherhood has honed my management skills, especially in the areas of communication, accountability, multi-tasking, and prioritization. Research suggests there is a physiological basis for this change.

Because I contend that in free societies with rule of law, religion is not a common means for men to subjugate women. I believe that men of faith humbly recognize their weaknesses, and by the grace of God, endeavor to triumph over behaviors that are destructive to women and families.

Because I can have it all, just not all at the same time. Years ago, I had a fulfilling non-domestic career. Now I am reveling in my adventures as a stay-at-home mom. When my husband retires and my children are in school, I’ll rejoin the workforce. Provided that Obama and the Democrats in Congress do not destroy our healthcare system, I have decades ahead of me to make my mark on the outside world.

Because I am willing to admit that my spouse outranks me. In our house, my husband is the commanding officer and I am the executive officer. He sets the overall course for the family (with my input); I make the day-to-day decisions (with his input). I am 100 percent certain that if I asked him to reverse roles, he would.

Because I maintain that when a “feminist” uses the v-word outside its medical context, she curtails violence against women as effectively as a misogynist who uses the c-word.

Because I believe that parents who shelter their adolescent daughters from sexual experimentation and drug and alcohol use, liberate them to become healthy, confident women.

Because I think that fertility awareness is the most pro-woman form of family planning. It is safe and reliable, works in achieving and avoiding pregnancy, increases marital intimacy, and provides additional health benefits. If you are tempted to crack a joke, please consider that Planned Parenthood’s vested interest in purveying pills, condoms and abortions makes natural family planning an ideal target for Alinsky-style ridicule.

Because I see the Conservative movement within the Republican Party as the natural home for true feminists. No two women are alike. No national organization can reasonably claim to speak for us all. Why not affiliate with the party that promotes equality based on unalienable rights rather than the party that thrives on conflict over superficial differences?

http://www.redstate.com/uma_richie/2009/08/13/why-the-%e2%80%9cfeminists%e2%80%9d-don%e2%80%99t-speak-for-me-the-diary-of-a-mom-supremacist/

by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Replies (171-171):
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Aug. 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM

all of these ae things i like about the feminist movment.

Quoting WildKat:

I agree completely.  I am a feminist because I deserve to make my own decisions about how to live my life. 

Peace,

Kat

Quoting jen_dev09:

Quoting Dylansmom32509:

I am a feminist because... By Amy Roebuck Published Nov. 2, 2006.

I am a feminist because I believe that men and women should have political, economic and social equality.

I am a feminist because I see the inequity of a woman earning three-fourths of every dollar that a man earns.

I am a feminist because I recognize the unfairness of the fact that a male with only a high school diploma will earn more in the work force than a female with a college degree.

I am a feminist because I believe that sexual violence, including domestic abuse, rape and sexual assault must stop.

I believe that if human beings work together, we can make the world a safe place for women. The statistic that 85 percent of raped women are raped by someone they know is disturbing, as is the fact that battering is the No. 1 cause of injury to women in the United States.

I am a feminist because I am appalled at the frequency of rape and other violence against women in our society. I hate the prevalence of the assumption that just because a woman wears a short skirt or has too much to drink that she is “asking for it.” This is the United States of America, and women should be able to dress however they please without worrying that the clothing they choose might endanger their physical safety—just as men never have to worry about their bodies being violated if they dress a certain way. I am a feminist because I believe that neither sex should be superior to the other. Rather, men and women should work together to promote respectful attitudes about women and encourage healthy relationships between the sexes that are respectful and free of violence. In this way, women can achieve the equality that the male sex has always known.

I am a feminist because I believe that no one—not a mother, not a father, not a boyfriend and certainly not the Supreme Court—should have the right to tell a woman what to do with her body. I am a feminist because I believe that the life, health and well-being of a grown woman should be more valuable to society than any potential life she may carry in her womb.

I am a feminist because I believe that until women can physically and sexually take control of their bodies and decide for themselves when to have children, they will never be able to exist on the same level of equality as men.

I am a feminist because I believe that human beings do have the power to change the world. Because the stereotypical ideals of the masculine and the feminine are constructed by society, society has only to look to itself to tear them down so that both sexes can be equal. I am a feminist because I see and appreciate feminism as a multi-faceted and diverse movement. Feminism has as many different versions as the individuals who support it. Once people can look beyond the stereotype of “femi-Nazis” who hate men, burn bras and don’t shave their legs, they will see that feminism isn’t about one sex being superior to the other; it’s about equality. We owe it to ourselves to make the world a safer and more equitable place for those individuals who make up over half of its population.

http://www.insidevandy.com/drupal/node/1638

These are the same reasons that I'm a feminist. Some people think that feminism is an ugly word, but all it really means is that women should be treated the same as men; like human beings, not second class citizens. Well stated!

Peace,

Kat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN