Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

President Obama faces an increase of 400% in death threats a day

Posted by   + Show Post

President Obama faces an increase of 400% in death threats a day

As the mounting weirdness that is emanating from right wingers continues to flow, an increasing amount of death threats follow.

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

Most, however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts. Although most threats are not credible, each one has to be investigated meticulously.

According to the book, intelligence officials received information that people associated with the Somalia-based Islamist group al-Shabaab might try to disrupt Mr Obama's inauguration in January, when the Secret Service co-ordinated at least 40,000 agents and officers from some 94 police, military and security agencies.

Being black has definitely increased the number of nut jobs on the prowl, but because he's in the Democratic party that number is much higher. And it's only going to get worse from here. The violent rhetoric from talk radio and FOX News continues to throw gasoline on the fire.

Luc and Emily my reason for breathing!

by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Replies (101-105):
Imsupermom2
by Cynthia on Aug. 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Quoting Stefanie1085:

Quoting Imsupermom2:

Well lets blame it all on the right wing, republican white people because everyone can see where this is headed. Good Grief--it certainly isn't because of his policies or his stance on the health care bill, or him taking away the foundational principles of the constitution, or trying to stop the right to freedom of speech by asking people to turn in their neighbor...No, that wouldn't be why they are making death threats against him--it has to be because he is black..

Actually many of the threats are probably because he is black, but certainly not all. You think it likely that most of them aren't because he is black? I have to disagree. I am not saying that many aren't because of his policy, but we should at least be realistic....

go look it up--every president gets death threats. I can find you probably 10 links to white presidents that have had the same thing...So, now what?

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Imsupermom2:

Quoting Stefanie1085:

Quoting Imsupermom2:

Well lets blame it all on the right wing, republican white people because everyone can see where this is headed. Good Grief--it certainly isn't because of his policies or his stance on the health care bill, or him taking away the foundational principles of the constitution, or trying to stop the right to freedom of speech by asking people to turn in their neighbor...No, that wouldn't be why they are making death threats against him--it has to be because he is black..

Actually many of the threats are probably because he is black, but certainly not all. You think it likely that most of them aren't because he is black? I have to disagree. I am not saying that many aren't because of his policy, but we should at least be realistic....

go look it up--every president gets death threats. I can find you probably 10 links to white presidents that have had the same thing...So, now what?

Quote:

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Um... read the article? 400% increase? All because of his policies? Come on

Imsupermom2
by Cynthia on Aug. 17, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Stefanie1085:

Quoting Imsupermom2:

Quoting Stefanie1085:

Quoting Imsupermom2:

Quote:

Um... read the article? 400% increase? All because of his policies? Come on

my point--they all get them, so it must come with the job..When your the president of the free world (or what used to be) then your going to make enemies and people aren't going to like you or your policies.

cowgirlsr2
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Let me clarify something for you missbear I was mearly trying to point out that race may not be the only reason someone may want him killed .I never personally stated I wanted him killed. But since you and your group of buddies like picking at me and a few other go right ahead.

Quoting MissBearNMonkey:

You are justifying people who threaten to assassinate the President? What the FUCK is wrong with you????????

(And before I get some "I seen you libs saying stuff like this about Bush all the time" bullshit response; I'd say this REGARDLESS of who is in office. There comes a point when NO ONE, no matter what side of the political football game you root for should sacrifice common fucking human decency for ANY of it. Good grief...go pray or something.)

Quoting cowgirlsr2:

I believe there are many factors for people BO  killed. The economy, the job rates, the housing problems, the banking problems, and etc. Then you have the fact of promises unkept and his race and his inability to turn over his birth certificate. I believe alot of people want him out of the White house yesterday.

MissBearNMonkey
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Picking on you? You post something on a public DEBATE board and you're going to get responses. Perhaps if you don't like the responses you receive, refrain from posting?

Your previous post, whether it was deliberate or not, was a justification. If that makes you uncomfortable, then you need to look at your OWN words, not mine. It's unbelievably childish to respond with a "you're picking on me" and it certainly doesn't make you look remotely credible.

(Pssst...if you look through the posts on here, I'm sure you'll find plenty of evidence of me being "picked on", too.)

Quoting cowgirlsr2:

Let me clarify something for you missbear I was mearly trying to point out that race may not be the only reason someone may want him killed .I never personally stated I wanted him killed. But since you and your group of buddies like picking at me and a few other go right ahead.

Quoting MissBearNMonkey:

You are justifying people who threaten to assassinate the President? What the FUCK is wrong with you????????

(And before I get some "I seen you libs saying stuff like this about Bush all the time" bullshit response; I'd say this REGARDLESS of who is in office. There comes a point when NO ONE, no matter what side of the political football game you root for should sacrifice common fucking human decency for ANY of it. Good grief...go pray or something.)

Quoting cowgirlsr2:

I believe there are many factors for people BO  killed. The economy, the job rates, the housing problems, the banking problems, and etc. Then you have the fact of promises unkept and his race and his inability to turn over his birth certificate. I believe alot of people want him out of the White house yesterday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)