Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Another example of the 'wonderful' stimulus pkg hard at work

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should they be able to spend the money on whatever they want?

Options:

yes

no

as long as it's for the kids

whatever they want but no cash back

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/County-Executive-Rampant-Abuse-in-School-Supply/7zQK1vZtp06KFBLC--Xuew.cspx

There have been numerous news reports of rampant welfare abuse due to this 'school supply' program. I have heard that many parents were simply buying a pack of gum and getting the rest back in cash. WTF?????? I am just so DAMN glad that my tax money went to these welfare people getting the new Madden 10 or a new plasma TV. ( sarcasm) IS it any wonder that the hard working " average" people are pissed the FU** off??? No wonder people don't WANT to get off welfare. Why would they?? Have another kid, the eagle shits a bigger check. Our country went in debt up to our eyeballs so these people can get the latest game platform??? Thank you Obama!!!! (sarcasm)

Hitler gave great speeches TOO!!!!!!

by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Replies (11-12):
sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Quoting DAH02:

Wow, where were you ladies when I posted a question about this.  LMAO!!!  Everyone pretty much tore me up with my opinion.   I simply stated tat yes there is some people that deserve and would use it for what its supposed to be used for.  Then there is others that wouldn't.  I believe they should have given out vouchers like a WIC that tells you exactly what you could buy with it. 

Exactly. They gave out cards, like an ebt or bank card. They could have easily put restrictions on it just like an ebt card, so that ONLY school supplies or food could be purchased with it.

Hitler gave great speeches TOO!!!!!!

Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:51 AM

This is how New York State handled this portion of the stimulus?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN