Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

garbage in, garbage out

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:14 AM

...'the gang that has taken over this country...'

And this is the way to do it, folks. 

Get the right wingers up and lathered, by *suggesting* that our country has been 'taken over.'*

Oh, as opposed to having been duly elected by the people.

I ask again,

did the left of center behave like this, after not one but two Bush elections?

Uh, nope.

They did not.

The behavior of the ppl heard here is not only unAmerican, I would call it borderline treasonous.

* and yes, some of this comes from a perception of 'the other;' e.g. a non-white guy sitting as POTUS.  Duh, of COURSE virtually nobody will come right out and admit this as a motivator (but there are plenty of examples on display at the so-called town halls, etc.). 

Oh but it is there, nonetheless. 

"I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit."

aidans_mama
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:14 AM

bwahahahaha...seriously, they're so full of shit.

I am a 24 year old happily married mother of two, pro-do-what-you-want, anti-gun totin', allergic to stupid (and peanuts), obama supportin' (yes, i'se drink the koolaid, and the koolaid is good), healthcare for all supportin', no your individual tax dollars are not enough to support a family thinkin', far left liberal, imperfect cussin' christian, pro-gay marriage (ooookaaay), pro-help those who cannot help themselves, Lt. of correctional officers (who is in need of a raise) from Texas.

tericared
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Quoting aidans_mama:

bwahahahaha...seriously, they're so full of shit.

this

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:22 AM

But the problem is that there are way too many Americans lapping up this sh*t.

And then going out and getting riled up at town halls and pushing their imagined agenda on our elected representatives.

I have no quibble with anybody having concerns about health care reform or any other issue.

Legitimate concerns: ones based on facts.

What I find upsetting as an American citizen is when other Amercicans buy into misinformation and lies, rhetoric and propaganda...some of it very vitriolic and hate-filled...and then exercise their right (forgetting the responsibility) to mouth off and try to influence public opinion and legislative action.

"I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit."

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:24 AM

...and though it's been mentioned in other posts, keep in mind the puppet masters behind all this.  Special interests, industry with agenda, political machinationists.

aidans_mama
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

And then going out and getting riled up at town halls and pushing their imagined agenda on our elected representatives.

I have no quibble with anybody having concerns about health care reform or any other issue.

What I find upsetting as an American citizen is when other Amercicans buy into misinformation and lies, rhetoric and propaganda...some of it very vitriolic and hate-filled...and then exercise their right (forgetting the responsibility) to mouth off and try to influence public opinion and legislative action.

mom?  is that you?

j/k, you sound just like her...she was talking about this very subject the other day.

edited to add: i agree 100%

I am a 24 year old happily married mother of two, pro-do-what-you-want, anti-gun totin', allergic to stupid (and peanuts), obama supportin' (yes, i'se drink the koolaid, and the koolaid is good), healthcare for all supportin', no your individual tax dollars are not enough to support a family thinkin', far left liberal, imperfect cussin' christian, pro-gay marriage (ooookaaay), pro-help those who cannot help themselves, Lt. of correctional officers (who is in need of a raise) from Texas.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 18, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

mom?  is that you?

j/k, you sound just like her...she was talking about this very subject the other day.

Lol...my 8 y.o. dd has already heard enough of me, talking on the phone...back to the radio, t.v. etc. when this issue comes up...she could hold her own at a town meeting...calling out the logic fails and other assorted bullshit.

aidans_mama
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

mom?  is that you?

Lol...my 8 y.o. dd has already heard enough of me, talking on the phone...back to the radio, t.v. etc. when this issue comes up...she could hold her own at a town meeting...calling out the logic fails and other assorted bullshit.

omg!  you really are my mom!  she calls me up, "tiff, turn on the television, channel 14, look at this mess they got going on right now....."  she'll yell at the t.v., it's hilarious. 

shout out to all the moms who pay attention to what's going on in this country...hahaha.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 18, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

mom?  is that you?

omg!  you really are my mom!  she calls me up, "tiff, turn on the television, channel 14, look at this mess they got going on right now....."  she'll yell at the t.v., it's hilarious. 

shout out to all the moms who pay attention to what's going on in this country...hahaha.

Lol, my favorite line to my kids, when they start rolling their eyes is, "but I deserve equal time!"  If they're gonna hear bullsh*t, I get my time to rebut, lol.

aidans_mama
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

mom?  is that you?

Lol, my favorite line to my kids, when they start rolling their eyes is, "but I deserve equal time!"  If they're gonna hear bullsh*t, I get my time to rebut, lol.

hahaha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)