Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ok so I dont get accused of.....

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

Thread hijacking I am gonna start my own.  For the ones that say its crazy to worry bout about guns and the such, the PLEASE tell me how a 6f peditraic cathter can be used as a weapon???  How can breast milk "blow" up a plane???  These are reasons why we as a family DO NOT FLY.  The one time we did, they confiskated my daughters cathing supplies and forced me to drink the breast milk that was in my daughters bottle so that they could see it was actually breast milk, they also poked and proded my daughter waking her because she was sleeping on my shoulder they had to make sure she was "real" umm you didnt see her back going up and down as she breathed, you didnt hear her "snoreing" (she had tubes down her througt when she was in the NICU).  yea then they tried to prevent me from taking my breast pump on the plane as well.

by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:45 AM

bump all it takes is ONE person to ruin it for everyone am I right?? look at the "shoe" bomber and look at what they do at the airport.

lilyrose73
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:45 AM

You can't take a gun on a plane either... I don't see what your point is.  It is LEGAL to carry guns in many states... the key word here is legal. 

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

iluvmommyhood58
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Are you suggesting it's the legitimate concern over guns or weapons that has caused such security measures at airports? I'm trying to tie the two together to understand what you're saying about guns...

margroc
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I always thought breast milk was legal too - am I wrong? 

I think her point is that people are showing up at emotionally charged events with loaded weapons and a lot of people are saying that's okay but she gets a hard time with breast milk at the airport cause some idiot tried to light his shoes on fire. 

A lot more people have been killed with guns in public places and yet that is still okay, one dude on a plane lights his shoes on fire and everyone has to surrender their laces, lighters, breast milk, etc. 

Quoting lilyrose73:

You can't take a gun on a plane either... I don't see what your point is.  It is LEGAL to carry guns in many states... the key word here is legal. 

“The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation.” - Pierre E. Trudeau
mistynights234
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Im not trying to be smart, but Im not sure what it is your looking for?

I know that you can only take certain amounts of liquid on a plane in a plastic bottle.  Im sorry that yours was breastmilk and mabey it wasnt in the right bottle?  But rules are rules.  I flew home from Cali in Feb and had a small snow globe as a gift for my daugther.  It was expensive and I couldnt take it on the plane.  I had to leave it.  But, rules are rules...........I am sorry that they woke your baby.  They could of been a little more civil about that.........but its sad to say everyone is suspect now days even a sleeping "baby". 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Everything is a potential weapon. Or so they say. I think it's just another way to harass people who breastfeed- but that's just me.

OP- We don't often fly either. I had some VERY bad experiences in airports/on airplanes around the breastfeeding issue. And airplanes are dirty, claustrophobia inducing vehicles. Not a fan.

Quoting margroc:

I always thought breast milk was legal too - am I wrong? 

I think her point is that people are showing up at emotionally charged events with loaded weapons and a lot of people are saying that's okay but she gets a hard time with breast milk at the airport cause some idiot tried to light his shoes on fire. 

A lot more people have been killed with guns in public places and yet that is still okay, one dude on a plane lights his shoes on fire and everyone has to surrender their laces, lighters, breast milk, etc. 

Quoting lilyrose73:

The liberal person shall be enriched, and he who waters shall himself be watered. Proverbs 11:25

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Quoting Godgaveme4

Actually I do respect a person choice not to arm themselves or have gun around them.  When we go to family members or friends huoses that do not feel comfortable around gun we leave them in the car.  Irt is their property their rules.

We will also not frequent stores or restraunts that are anti gun.

And i think it is crazy that people buy into the reasoning that because ONE person may do harm NO ONe should be allowed to do it.  That is crazy.  My question is how is this crazy compared to what they do to people in the airport whom have a legal right to have their cathing items and bottles for the baby, and breast pump for a nurseing mother.

Quoting lilyrose73:

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM

just weapons in general, I have NO ISSUE with a RESONIABLE person owning a gun and having it at a rally/townhall, but where do we draw the line for what is and is not considered 'dangersous"?

Quoting iluvmommyhood58:

Are you suggesting it's the legitimate concern over guns or weapons that has caused such security measures at airports? I'm trying to tie the two together to understand what you're saying about guns...

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Aug. 18, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I'm still not understanding the parallel between the two.

However...did anyone notice in the article on CNN.com...the police officers openly admitted to profiling those who exercised their 2nd amendment rights at those rallies?  Those who openly carried weapons?

The officers said "we make note of those who are carrying and monitor them closely" or something to that extent...essentially saying, if you carry, we are on your ass like white on rice...simply doing what you are allowed to.

As for the airport scenarios...I really don't see any valid complaints. 

I'm always more than compliant there. 

It's your breastmilk...so why complain about drinking it? It's so good for your child, it certainly can't be that bad for you to sample..right?  Volunteer that your child is sleeping on your shoulder..and see if you can just move her slightly for them, so that they don't have to poke her. 

iluvmommyhood58
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Ah.... the use of fear to employ this kind of "search and seizure"? We're all so rallied up in fear that we succumb to drinking our own breast milk in the name of safety and have allowed these methods of "protection". Where's the line? Wherever the people we allow to know better than we do decide to draw it. 

Quoting mamaof2angles:

just weapons in general, I have NO ISSUE with a RESONIABLE person owning a gun and having it at a rally/townhall, but where do we draw the line for what is and is not considered 'dangersous"?

Quoting iluvmommyhood58:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN