Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They just won’t stop.

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 9:04 PM
  • 24 Replies

NO LINK THIS WAS SENT TO ME>>CLICK ON BLUE IN FIRST REPLY

Staunchly anti-choice politicians and far-right groups like the Family Research Council and Concerned Women for America are shamefully claiming that health-care reform will require "an abortion mandate." Sadly, the lies are taking hold and women could pay the price.

Our anti-choice opponents are flooding the airwaves and blogosphere with outrageous distortions and outright lies about health-care reform.

This week, CNN’s "American Morning" showed a town hall meeting in Texas where crowds voiced fears that health-care reform will "fund abortions"— and the reporters didn't correct the distortion.1 Our opponents are getting media attention with shocking protests which we’ve all seen at town hall meetings and other venues:

by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

NARAL Pro-Choice America urgently needs your support now to expose the lies and get the truth out to the public.

• Carrying tombstones bearing a congressman's name;2
  • Spray painting a swastika outside a congressional district office;3
  • Hanging a congressman in effigy outside his office;4
  • Shouting down citizens and elected officials interested in honest debate.

These offensive actions and lies from the fringe right need to stop. Their primary goal is a nationwide abortion ban in the private health-insurance market, which would end coverage women already have, and derail legitimate health-care reform in the process.

tericared
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM

OH and I should add for a certain some one....these ARE NOT my words.... 

momandvet
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Nutter Nutter Peanut Butter

Really, what other excuse is there?

Click Here   To take the Might As Well Vote For A Republican Challenge

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Aug. 20, 2009 at 11:01 PM

...and I would like to add, Trix are for kids.

Really, there are no lies that are baldfaced, atrocious and reprehensible enough for the right wing nuts.  Sheer lunatics.

And neither is there any tactic that is beneath them.  Remember, these are the "family values" types your mother warned you about. 

"I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit."

tericared
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

...and I would like to add, Trix are for kids.

Really, there are no lies that are baldfaced, atrocious and reprehensible enough for the right wing nuts.  Sheer lunatics.

And neither is there any tactic that is beneath them.  Remember, these are the "family values" types your mother warned you about. 

Thank goodness I almost always listened to dear old Mom..

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2009 at 2:20 AM

women across the country could be denied reproductive-health care

I like these fancy words, dress up abortion as 'reproductive healthcare'. Has a nice ring to it instead of tax money going to suck babies from the womb until their bones are cruched to pieces and their brain is turned to mush until they die.

YOUR RIGHT!!!  I like the term "reproductive healthcare" so much better! Makes me feel all warm and cozy now!

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
momandvet
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 3:02 AM

Your annual visits to the gyno is reproductive health care.  Every pap smear and birth control RX is reproductive health care. Fertility treatments are reproductive healthcare.  Nice try though with your intimidate us with descriptions ploy. (Straight out of the pro-life handbook)

Quoting resamerie:

I like these fancy words, dress up abortion as 'reproductive healthcare'. Has a nice ring to it instead of tax money going to suck babies from the womb until their bones are cruched to pieces and their brain is turned to mush until they die.

YOUR RIGHT!!!  I like the term "reproductive healthcare" so much better! Makes me feel all warm and cozy now!

Click Here   To take the Might As Well Vote For A Republican Challenge

athenax3
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Quoting resamerie:

So the only time you've ever gone to the gyno is to get an abortion? hmmmm....I've been for lots of things,  but you're association of the term implies that there is no other care required for a woman specifically except abortions.

morningdove831
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I don't think abortions should be covered by insurance, nor should any other elective procedure unless it is something medically necessary (like reconstructive surgery after a car wreck or severe burns, etc). 

But yeah, I'm one of those crazy pro-lifers. 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Maybe we've strayed into third world healthcare here. Where women's healthcare is surely NOT necessary, and doesn't really exist?

Quoting athenax3:

Quoting resamerie:

So the only time you've ever gone to the gyno is to get an abortion? hmmmm....I've been for lots of things,  but you're association of the term implies that there is no other care required for a woman specifically except abortions.

The liberal person shall be enriched, and he who waters shall himself be watered. Proverbs 11:25

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured