Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swine flu projections?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

What do you think??? I am hoping they are eggurating the numbers.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/24/us.swine.flu.projections/index.html

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I'm scared to death to send my kids to school next week! My son catches everything that goes around and because of his Asthma, he always gets it worse than everyone else.  

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I feel for ya mama, my younger sister sometimes has the same issue.

Quoting IhartU:

I'm scared to death to send my kids to school next week! My son catches everything that goes around and because of his Asthma, he always gets it worse than everyone else.  

tericared
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Zoe said she was afraid all day because a girl in her class was coughing her head off and wanted to give her a hug........ 

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Aww im sorry mama.

Quoting tericared:

Zoe said she was afraid all day because a girl in her class was coughing her head off and wanted to give her a hug........ 

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I am praying that this will end up being just like all the other "projected outbreaks" over the past few years. A whole lot of hype, with not much coming of it.

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Same here.

Quoting Gretchen2876:

I am praying that this will end up being just like all the other "projected outbreaks" over the past few years. A whole lot of hype, with not much coming of it.

truckincowgirl
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I am not panicking over it. I am just taking the same precautions as usual with the regular flu. I do keep my eye on the news reports.

Thanks for the link!

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Im not either but still I hate to see the "BIG" numbers if you know what I mean, no problem for the link I TRY make sure I have all my SOURCES before I post ( hint, hint)

Quoting truckincowgirl:

I am not panicking over it. I am just taking the same precautions as usual with the regular flu. I do keep my eye on the news reports.

Thanks for the link!

truckincowgirl
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Oh I agree...I hate to see the Big numbers. Hahaha on the links....I hear ya.

Quoting mamaof2angles:

Im not either but still I hate to see the "BIG" numbers if you know what I mean, no problem for the link I TRY make sure I have all my SOURCES before I post ( hint, hint)

Quoting truckincowgirl:

Thanks for the link!

Dylansmom32509
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM

I hope they are exaggerating. I am scared to death of  taking my son out sometimes. What makes it worse for me is that we live in a very touristy area so if that were the case we would be getting more disposition to the flu then what is already thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)