Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it worth it?? * Warning Graphic*

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM
  • 33 Replies

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zbee
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I hope those that text while driving watch this. It is horrible and needless. Nothing is that important that it can't wait for when your stopped. 

nysa76
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM

That toddler was just heartbreaking.

"I'm selfish, I'm impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

mymichelle2002
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:48 AM

They can make a freaking SCENSOR for a car to not lock if the keys are left in but not one that makes that text option not work when you drive???

I hope they hang her.

This needs to be a DMV video. They used to run clips just like this on the DMV screens so you can get to stand in line and watch it.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM

DH is a truck driver and he sees about half a dozen people every hour texting.  So, in a typical day, that is about 72 people a day.  Texters are now the biggest cause of his "near misses".  I wonder if these people even have a clue that the only reason they are going home alive is because my DH is paying attention and is good at what he does.  People who cause accidents from texting should have as severe of penalties as drunk drivers IMO.

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Bump 

.Tiggeroo87.
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

That video is enough to make me not even wanna look at my phone while driving, let alone texting. This should be the same for those who eat their drive-through food while driving. I usually have my passenger giving me my drink while I drive lmao. I'm so paranoid of this kind of thing happening.

Dylansmom32509
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I get furious every time I see people texting while driving . I was driving with my son a while back and this girl nearly ran me off the road by swerving into my lane while texting. I don't see what can be so important that you cant wait to do it whenever your stopped.

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:15 PM

If you cannot pay attention to multiple things while driving you probably should not be driving. Driving requires you to be able to be aware of all going on around you. People have wrecks often because they are not paying attention to the conditions around them and noticing the current trends in peoples unawareness I doubt that these same people would be less likely to have a wreck not texting. The real thing they need to be doing is to create a way to snap people out of the doldrums and make them pay attention. I know I will hear arguments for this but I know why people wreck and it does not matter if you take everything out of the car and restrict it to one person people will still wreck and severely because they do not pay attention and drive when they are not capable of paying attention. More intensive driving preparedness courses are needed and the requirement for refreshers. They state in the segment that accidents are no longer called that because they are preventable. For the most part outside of acts of nature this is true but not until people learn how to handle themselves in a car. Could you imagine a Nascar driver paying the attention while driving that most people pay in everyday traffic? They talk over a headset. The police also multitask while driving and talk on a CB. It is their level of awareness that allows them to do so.

.Tiggeroo87.
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I'm ging to show my dad this video when my parents get home. This made me feel really bad and guilty, and even though I NEVER text, I will check my phone for voicemails or SMS when he is NOT with me. I don't even bother to look at my phone when he's in the car with me, fuck that. Sorry, but I really really despise moms who text and drive while they have children in the car with them. I was going to my apartment viewing and my parents drove me and my son, and my dad was cut off on a RED light by a young female who was talking and driving. Dumb girl was lucky my dad saw her enough to break. I called in a woman's license plate to the police while she was texting and driving with her two daughters in the car. If I see someone who is alone, and they're doing it, I don't bother, but I won't let a woman risk the lives of her children or other children passengers. I hope more people are like that as well.

Quoting Dylansmom32509:

I get furious every time I see people texting while driving . I was driving with my son a while back and this girl nearly ran me off the road by swerving into my lane while texting. I don't see what can be so important that you cant wait to do it whenever your stopped.

answin
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Quoting mymichelle2002:

I hope they hang her.

this wasn't real, i really hope you didn't think it was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)