• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About the czars in our government.....

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

Just asking a question here because I heard it on the news this morning and can not find a supporting link. It said that most of these czars that have been appointed do not have to have FBI clearance. Does anyone know if that is true because I can't find anything on it. If it's true, I'm one pissed off cookie because it took me 4 days to file online for DH to get FBI clearance just to tint their car windows in the local branch maintenance shop. Info down to my families DOB and the names of 3 people he grew up with and where they live.

Like I said, not starting a debate, just wondering if anyone else can find any info on czars, who are the advisors to the president, not having to have FBI clearance. Thanks.  Resa~

• angel-1-1-1-2.jpg picture by kfpep
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pepperlynns
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM

what news channel was it on? local or cable?

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I can tell you it is true of at least one of them:

Van Jones would not pass due to his background for rioting.

You can look at their past convictions or altercations with the law and tell. However, being that they are in the positions they are in, the president pardons all previous crimes and they have a clean record and perfect clearance.

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Quoting Pepperlynns:

what news channel was it on? local or cable?

It was cable but I honestly couldn't tell you which channel. All I know is I was 1/2 awake and DH was screaming bloody murder!

resamerie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Quoting stormcris:

I can tell you it is true of at least one of them:

Van Jones would not pass due to his background for rioting.

You can look at their past convictions or altercations with the law and tell. However, being that they are in the positions they are in, the president pardons all previous crimes and they have a clean record and perfect clearance.

I figured he wouldn't be able to pass. That's why I believe that there is some truth to it. They also ask for arrest records. I would love to show the list of the questions that they ask but I'm sure I would be violating something. All the way down to a credit check. It just amazes me that these people do not have to have Senate clearing, nomination procedures or even an FBI check to be one of Obama's right hand people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)