Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thoughts?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-12):
my2boyz117
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Quoting PamR:

A size 12 is considered "plus," and a 2 is the "norm."  I can tell you, it's not the norm for anyone I know.  My 12 year old daughter, who is 5'5" and weighs less than 100 pounds, is a size 2.  And I can tell you, she is skinny.  In her case, she's still growing, but adult women who are that thin are not healthy, I don't care what they say.  

Okay normal, and healthy are all different sizes and shapes, I always feel bashed in these posts b/c I am 27 years old, petite, always have been. I have had 2 kids but I am a whole 5' 2" and 103-106 lbs, I can't help it, my build is tiny, so that means I'm not normal or less of a woman??  I do agree with you women about the media portraying woman's sizes etc...but I eat plenty, I have parents who are small to average as well, so are my kids...I have a fast metobalism I guess. My point is.. in these discussions I feel like "less" of a woman b/c I don't have huge boobs, or hips, butt etc...I'm healthy weight for my build and body type, but we are all different!  I just wanted to give another point of view too.

Amanda

PamR
by Pam on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM

My mom is about 5'6" and until she reached middle age, never weighed more than about 105 pounds.  And she ate.  A lot!   I'm 5'9" and was always around 120 until I had a couple of kids and got a little older.  I'm about 20 pounds over that, so I'm not overweight, but I'm nowhere near what the magazines portray as normal.  I think it's just about impossible to think that a woman who is 5'10" or taller can be a size 2 without (in most cases) all but starving herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)