Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NBC poll regarding: "In God We Trust"

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

NBC is presently taking a poll to see if Americans want the words "In God We Trust" to be removed from the American currency. Go to the following web site and place your vote asap.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinaleann
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM

bump

unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:37 AM

I'm in the vast miniroty that voted it should be changed. I'm amused that so many people think that it's a historically significant motto. Do people not know it's a relatively new development and NOT an original part of the country's currency? And that being a Christian does NOT make you patriotic, just as not being one doesn't make you less of a patriot?

God, it amuses me SO much when Christians cry "persectuion!" in this country. What a freaking joke.

vlester
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM

i voted

Quoting kristinaleann:

bump

PamR
by Pam on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Good grief.  What a waste of time.  It won't be changed.  Isn't there anything better to do a poll about?

answin
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:55 AM

who gives a crap what it says on the dollar? is this seriously an issue with people?? if so, some people need to quit expecting EVERYONE and EVERYTHING to please them. That's the one major problem I have with America.. everyone gets their panties in a bunch about the stupidest shit and then we have to go out of our way just to please them.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Quoting unspecified42:

I'm in the vast miniroty that voted it should be changed. I'm amused that so many people think that it's a historically significant motto. Do people not know it's a relatively new development and NOT an original part of the country's currency? And that being a Christian does NOT make you patriotic, just as not being one doesn't make you less of a patriot?

God, it amuses me SO much when Christians cry "persectuion!" in this country. What a freaking joke.

This.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

CaliGirl54
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Instead of focusing on such BS! Focus on matter that REALLY matter! So sad our so called AMERICANS have come to worrying bout what is on the money ect then WHAT is wrong with the USOFA

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I voted for it's removal. Never had a place on the money or in the pledge.

The liberal person shall be enriched, and he who waters shall himself be watered. Proverbs 11:25

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:50 PM

good

Quoting Raintree:

I voted for it's removal. Never had a place on the money or in the pledge.

Serenity7
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM

If it does change I will be surprise LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN