Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NBC poll regarding: "In God We Trust"

Posted by   + Show Post

NBC is presently taking a poll to see if Americans want the words "In God We Trust" to be removed from the American currency. Go to the following web site and place your vote asap.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Replies (11-15):
eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Seriously? LOL I care more about the value of the dollar than what's printed on it.

On another note, whatever happened to the seperation of state and church?  in hindsight they couldn't very well put 'in our government we trust' LOL  see now that would be funny

Vampee_Mom
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Will changing it raise the value of the dollar back up? 

I don't necessarily agree with the term being on money.. Wasn't originally there. Doesn't really belong there.. and all that jazz.

But today.. My bigger concern is the buying power of my dollar.

tericared
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Quoting Vampee_Mom:

Will changing it raise the value of the dollar back up? 

I don't necessarily agree with the term being on money.. Wasn't originally there. Doesn't really belong there.. and all that jazz.

But today.. My bigger concern is the buying power of my dollar.

ditto

sillyone
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Maybe the should have a choice at the bank we u cash your check. I can just see it would u like "God we trust money" or "Gov we trust money or no saying."? LOL As a christian I like having "God we trust'. i just don't see how it the problem, u do two things with money spend it or put in a bank.

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Quoting eaglemama2:

Seriously? LOL I care more about the value of the dollar than what's printed on it.

On another note, whatever happened to the seperation of state and church?  in hindsight they couldn't very well put 'in our government we trust' LOL  see now that would be funny

Oh goodness I don't think they could even suggest that with a straight face, and they ARE the government lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN