Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you show this to your kid?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you show this clip to your kid on the dangers or texting while driving?

Options:

Yes, in hopes it would make them think twice

no, its too gory... i can just talk to them about it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Photobucket

by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Yes I would... 

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I would as well, but unforntualy it will never make it here to the US because its "gory" and so forth, the montana meth project has had problems with some parents threating to "sue" because the PSA's they show are REAL and not suger coated.

Quoting tericared:

Yes I would... 

athenax3
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Yes, I would show my teen dd this- may in fact since it's posted here- this is the very real possibility and they need to know that before they start driving. I think we would be doing our children and our communities a great service in giving our children the facts, the realities and the potential consequences of not paying attention while driving- hell half the adults in the world could stand the lesson too.

RaeLynn1221
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Well my kids are only 3 and 5 right now but if they were teens yes I would.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN^^^^^^^

lilyrose73
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Absolutely, I would!  Teens think they are invincible and it's important they learn they are not...

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

momma2-3boys
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:12 AM

With out a doubt.  Teens should see this and adults as well.  There are way too many distractions out there now.  Teens (most not all) do not think things through, they think they are invincible.  This is becoming all to common now which is sad.

You can google "teen dies while driving and texting" and there are numberous articles and videos that come up.

I would show this to my son if he was old enough but he is only 2 right now.  I am sending this to my aunt who has a 15 year old. 

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Quoting mamaof2angles:

I would as well, but unforntualy it will never make it here to the US because its "gory" and so forth, the montana meth project has had problems with some parents threating to "sue" because the PSA's they show are REAL and not suger coated.

Quoting tericared:

Yes I would... 

It was on my local news just last night, so I believe you may just be wrong on that.

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM

It wont here because we have people whom "baby" their kids sooo bad, when the meth project PSA's come on they send there child out of the room.  We may have one but it wont be ANYTHING like this one.

Quoting Gretchen2876:

Quoting mamaof2angles:

Quoting tericared:

Yes I would... 

It was on my local news just last night, so I believe you may just be wrong on that.

home-sweet-home
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:31 AM

I actually forwarded it to my son.

The thing is they think they are invincible and it would not happen to them. I am not sure if even this video would make even the slightest difference.

Check out Jacob's jouney on my home page!

Stefanie1085
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Quoting home-sweet-home:

I actually forwarded it to my son.

The thing is they think they are invincible and it would not happen to them. I am not sure if even this video would make even the slightest difference.

That frightens me about teens too. I would show it to my little sister (my DD isn't even here yet!) and hope that it would impact her in some way. She is a little bit more sensitive to things like that, so it may make her think twice before texting and driving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)