Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you show this to your kid?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you show this clip to your kid on the dangers or texting while driving?

Options:

Yes, in hopes it would make them think twice

no, its too gory... i can just talk to them about it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Photobucket

by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM
Replies (11-14):
angie2719
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:02 AM

It is pretty gory but i would show it to my TEEN when they start driving. you can talk and talk about how dangerous it is but sometimes teenagers do NOT HEAR you. I think seeing the results of what can happen will help them grasp the actual ramifications.

nysa76
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Yes.  Absolutely.  I showed it to my 14 1/2 yo avid texter last night, actually.  His mouth just dropped, all he could say was "all that from a text?"  I think all drivers and soon to be drivers should see it.

"I'm selfish, I'm impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Lizardannie1966
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Without a doubt I'd show this to my kids and go even a step further, and show a few adults I know, who text while driving. It's a PSA that desperately needs to be seen. 

....yeah? and?

pcolovesfall
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Yes I did, she just turned 16... I wish I could show her pictures of the fatality wrecks we work...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN