Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Texting While Driving Public Service Announcement - Do You Think This Is Too Much? (Warning - Graphic Video)

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 8 Replies

Texting While Driving PSA

WARNING:  This video has many graphic scenes - PLEASE DO NOT watch with small children in the room

What are your thoughts and opinions on this potential Public Service Announcement? 

by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
neonds13
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:32 AM

And when exactly would they air something like that on TV.  I'd flip out if my 4 (almost 5) yr old saw that and I had to expalin it to him.

I mean I certainly wouldn't want something like that to happen to me, my child or any of my loved ones simply because someone was more busy texting than paying attention to the road.  The point certainly needs to be made to people that think they can text and drive, but I do think this video takes it a lot further than it needs to go.  That's just my opinion though. 

godsgirl26
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:33 AM

all the teens need to watch his video... even some adults who think they are sooo good at texting and driving. 

MAXnBRYCESmom
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:34 AM

No, it's not too much. People need a graphic reminder that what they do when driving affects other people. When my boys were2yo and 4 weeks old, some lady was texting while driving going the opposite direction we were, she went over the line and hit us head on. Luckily no one was hurt. She said how sorry she was, etc. She lives in my condo complex, and who do I see a week later texting while driving? Yep, the same bitch. Had she killed one of my kids, or gotten a bad injury, maybe she would have learned a lesson.

~Annie~

nikki0522
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:39 AM

They were talking about this on the news last night. It was made to be shown to teens in school. I think it's a great idea!

jigsaw ribbon   

CaliGirl54
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM

From an YANKEE living in Germany non military.. Messaging and phoning on a cell is FORBIDDEN while driving.. I mean lets get real!!  Take your attention away from your driving.. Seems simple to ME!! And just plain stupid to do while driving!!

neonds13
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Quoting nikki0522:

They were talking about this on the news last night. It was made to be shown to teens in school. I think it's a great idea!

When I came across this last night on CNN they were talking about showing the full version in schools, but airing a shorter version of it on TV.  I agree 100% for having this shown in schools.  Like perhaps in the Driver's Education classes.  That would be great!!!

.Tiggeroo87.
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:42 PM

There's another post on this, but I don't think it's too graphic. It's good, because it scares the crap out of you, makes you think twice about even looking at it while you're driving.

sillyone
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I couldn't finish watching it. But I do think teens need to watch this. My sons ex was in a bad car wreak because of texting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN