Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheating Bastard... *UPDATE... it was a HOAX

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:41 AM
  • 26 Replies

Story About Cheating Husband Admitting Infidelity on Sign Was a Hoax

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 

A story about a cheating husband who admitted his infidelity on a sign he wore near a busy Virginia intersection was a hoax, according to a local radio station.

Washington D.C.'s Hot 99.5 "Kane in the Morning" show revealed that it was behind the stunt involving William Taylor, who stood in front of Tyson's Corner Mall in northern Virginia with a sign that read "I cheated. This is my punishment," MyFOXDC reported.

The morning radio show said it staged the story as an experiment to see how much press it would receive in light of other major news happening at the same time. Last week's media coverage was dominated by the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy.

Taylor, who stood outside the shopping center during the morning commute last Wednesday, originally told MyFOXDC that he and his wife had agreed to the deal.

"I thought she was kidding, but she was serious," he said. "I figured I got to do what I got to do to makes things right. So here I am."

Virginia Man Admits
Cheating on Wife

Updated: Wednesday, 26 Aug 2009, 10:00 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 26 Aug 2009, 11:42 AM EDT

TYSONS CORNER, Va. - Would you or wouldn't you publicly admit you cheated on your spouse? That's what William Taylor of Centreville did Wednesday morning.

He held a sign near Tysons Corner Mall that it read, "I cheated and this is my punishment."

Taylor stayed out on the corner for most of the morning commute creating quite the commotion.

Taylor told FOX 5 photojournalist Mike Horan his wife brokered the deal.

"I thought she was kidding, but she was serious. I figured I got to do what I got to do to makes things right. So here I am," Taylor said.

Some of the ladies we talked to love the idea.

Taylor says he is going to be hit the streets with the sign Thursday and Friday and that more could be on the horizon.

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilyrose73
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:42 AM

I think he looks like a pathetic fool... I guess that's the point LOL.  Do you think this is proper punishment for a cheating husband?

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

mamaof2angles
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Ummm ok at least she was orginal,  but the question is will he learn his "lesson"???

PamR
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I can understand why his wife wanted him to do this, but in the long run, I don't think it will do much good in addressing the issues that lead to him cheating.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Being out there like this "advertising".....he'll probably get more dates. There are just as many pathetic women who would chase this. 

MissBearNMonkey
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM

My exact thoughts.

He'll be on Howard Stern or something and his plight will make him some sort of hero.

Perhaps he'll end up reporting for Fox?

Quoting EireLass:

Being out there like this "advertising".....he'll probably get more dates. There are just as many pathetic women who would chase this. 

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Hilarious. But I don't think that will help to reconcile his feelings for her or help their marriage.

Hot_Mama89301
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I would make him do that, & then still leave his ass! lol

tericared
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Quoting Hot_Mama89301:

lol yeah me too.....

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I'm pretty sure God's got a far worse punishment in store for him.... he'll be wishing he could hold the sign again.

Mrs. Khan

NikkiS78
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:47 PM

lol, I agree!!

Quoting Hot_Mama89301:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)