Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rex Rammell, Idaho GOPer, Jokes About Hunting Obama

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

BOISE, Idaho — An Idaho Republican gubernatorial hopeful insists he was only joking when he said he'd buy a license to hunt President Barack Obama.

Rex Rammell, a long-shot candidate slated to run against incumbent C.L. "Butch" Otter in the May 2010 GOP primary, made the comment at a Republican rally Tuesday in Twin Falls where talk turned to the state's planned wolf hunt, for which hunters must purchase an $11.50 wolf tag. The hunt is due to begin on Tuesday.

When an audience member shouted a question about "Obama tags," Rammell responded, "The Obama tags? We'd buy some of those."

Rammell told The Associated Press Thursday he sees no reason to apologize for the comment because it was just a joke.

"What I would say to all my Democrat Idahoans: Take a deep breath and relax," he said. "We're not going to go out and hunt Obama."

He also told the Times-News newspaper, "I would never support him being assassinated."

After Rammell's comment was published in the Times-News, he said one person sent him an e-mail indicating he would ask the FBI for an investigation.

Threatening the president can be a felony punishable by five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/27/rex-rammell-idaho-goper-j_n_270751.html

It just gets better and better....

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Vampee_Mom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I was just reading this.. And all I could think was.

Whether you like Obama or not.. Whether you agree with him or not.. To me. This just doesn't seem like a wise thing to say if you are planning on running for office.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM

What a moron.

Or.. moran.. as they like to say.

The liberal person shall be enriched, and he who waters shall himself be watered. Proverbs 11:25

sweetie00
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I feel really bad for smart Idahoans.

PamR
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Are there still people around who haven't heard of Youtube?  Phones with cameras, etc.  Dumb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)