Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary stuff (Obama)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 70 Replies

MOST OF ALL OF THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED.

What would you say if I gave you 11 reasons why the elections in 2010 will be the most important in the history of the United States ?

1. What if I had told you in October 2008, before the last presidential election, that before Barack Obama's first 100 days in office, the federal government would be in control of both the mortgage and the banking industries? That 19 of America 's largest banks would be forced to undergo stress tests by the federal government which would determine if they were insufficiently capitalized, so they must be supervised by the government?

Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America ."

2. What if I had told you that within Barack Obama's first 100 days in office the federal government would be the largest shareholder in the US Big-Three automakers: GM, and Chrysler? That the government would kick out the CEO's of these companies and appoint hand-picked executives with zero experience in the auto industry and that executive compensation would be determined, not by a Board of Directors, but by the government?
Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !"

3. What if I had told you that Barack Obama would appoint 21 Czars, without congressional approval, accountable only to him, not to the voters, who would have control over a wide range of US policy decisions. That there would be a Stimulus Accountability Czar, an Urban Czar, a Compensation Czar, an Iran Czar, an Auto Industry Czar, a Cyber Security Czar, an Energy Czar, a Bank Bailout Czar, and more than a dozen other government bureaucrats with unchecked regulatory powers over US domestic and foreign policy.

4. What if I had told you that the federal deficit would be $915 billion in the first six months of the Obama presidency - with a projected annual deficit of $1.75 trillion - triple the $454.8 billion in 2008, for which the previous administration was highly criticized by Obama and his fellow Democrats. That congress would pass Obama's $3.53 trillion federal budget for fiscal 2010... That the projected deficit over the next ten years would be greater than $10 trillion.

5. What if I had told you that the Obama Justice Department would order FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value detainees captured on the battlefield and held at US military detention facilities in Afghanistan . That Obama would order the closing of the Guantanamo detention facility with no plan for the disposition of the 200-plus individuals held there. That several of the suspected terrorists at Guantanamo would be sent to live in freedom in Bermuda at the expense of the US government. That our returning US veterans would be labeled terrorists and put on a watch list.

6. What if I had told you that the federal government would seek powers to seize key companies whose failures could jeopardize the financial system. That a new regulatory agency would be proposed by Obama to control loans, credit cards, mortgage-backed securities, and other financial products offered to the public.
Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !!"

7. What if I had told you that Obama would travel to the Middle East, bow before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologize for America 's past actions. That he would travel to Latin America where he would warmly greet Venezuela 's strongman Hugo Chavez and sit passively in the audience while Nicaraguan Marxist thug Daniel Ortega charged America with terrorist aggression in Central America .

8. Okay, now what if I were to tell you that Obama wants to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new "Fairness Doctrine." That he wants to curtail the First Amendment rights of those who may disagree with his policies via internet blogs, cable news networks, or advocacy ads. That most major network television and most newspapers will only sing his phrases like state-run media in communist countries?
Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !!!"

9. What if I were to tell you that the Obama Justice Department is doing everything it can to limit your Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. That the federal government wants to reinstate the so-called assault weapons20ban which would prohibit the sale of any type of firearm that doesn't require the shooter to pull the trigger every time a round is fired. That Obama's Attorney General wants to eliminate the sale of virtually all handguns and ammunition, which most citizens choose for self-defense.

10. What if I were to tell you that the Obama plan is to eliminate states rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federal government sweeping new powers over policies currently under the province of local and state governments and voted on by the people. That Obama plans to control the schools, energy production, the environment, health care, and the wealth of every US citizen.
Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !"

11. What if I were to tell you that the president, the courts, and the federal government have ignored the US Constitution and have seized powers which the founders of our country fought to restrict. That our last presidential election may have been our last truly free election for some time to come.
I know, I know what you will say. "That will never happen in America !"

If we don't do everything in our power to stop this madness in 2010...
May God have mercy on our worthless souls.

I'll keep my money, guns and freedom Mr. Obama.......You keep the change!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ddbz
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Uhh ... did someone actually predict any of this, and what is the problem?

Lots of people told us (during the Bush administration) that the way we were running our national finances is incredibly irresponsible and dangerous and could plunge our nation into financial ruin.

Other people told us that the way we run our foreign policy was equally daft and was going to lead us to ruin as well.

So guess what - these two prophesies have come true and now we are trying to deal with the consequenses.

Why couldn't anyone pay heed to those prophesies?

ENOUGH OF THE MOB!

Della529
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM

What if I told anyone they needed to research these "facts" before they posted them and wound up looking foolish?

BigMaemaJama
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:33 PM

"That our last presidential election may have been our last truly free election for some time to come. "

WOW really? You think the election was ever free? HELLO Id never say "not in America" > Its the opposite of what they want the public to think. The slogan "change" is a marketing scheme...doesnt it seem like someone always has ALL THE ANSWERS to americas whinning? Yea its cause they do marketing research and find out how to take over every aspect of our lives while we are sitting back thinking it will work out in our favor. Its time for some real change and that isnt gonna be some fat cat promising all the answers sorry but the system DOESNT WORK... If you think it does you need to look behind the puppet stage at what the real scenario is

jennie1977
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM

What if Bush was still president? ( Now that's scary stuff)

LilrockerMama
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

i agree with this post. What you need to pay attention to is the czars. funny thing. have you looked up any of these wackos? forget about the debt who cares how bush screwed up he didnt try to take our rights away. hm. and he didnt apologize for americas mistakes. obama is a scary guy. i thought that from the very beginning.

SRiveroC
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

All of this little "post" has already happened sweetie, but you are misplacing blame and skewing facts.

1.  BUSH started the bank bailouts, and the issues with Fannie and Freddie preceded Obama by a decade.

2. The government "kicked out" the CEO's of GM and Chrysler? Or the CEO of GM CHOSE to resign because he knew poor decision making, some on his part, put GM in that position, and it was either him or countless workers would be laid off. Chrysler's CEO is still there dear, but has announced his plans to leave in November. No one is forcing the guy out. Use better sources, NOT message boards.

3. The only people who call these women and men czars are Republicans and pundits who are crying out for attention. They are associate directors who work under councilmen and women on various issues, and the councilmen and women HAVE been approved by the congress.

4. Did you care what the federal deficit was under Bush? Did you care when it was, what nearly 10 trillion when Bush left office? Yet his only accomplishments while adding to the debt were WARS. You don't get to bitch and moan now honey, when you sat idly by then.

5. We alreday know number 5 isn't happening. GMAB.

6. Umm sweetie, that's number 1 all over again, and just like I told you BUSH did that, not Obama.

7. Number 7 is so ridiculous, is reeks of xenophobia. Who CARES if he bowed, curtseyed, or did the dosey do for the King. There are other cultures out there sweetie, broaden your horizons.

8. Obama doesn't support the fairness doctrine, and doesn't give a hoot bout your precious Glenn Beck. Next!

9. Oh yeah, Obama is doing everything to limit the second amendment like disarming those armed wingnuts at the townhalls! Wait, he didn't do that...How about pushing through legislation to repeal the 2nd amendment? Wit...he isn't doing that either. Yeah, I think you're just full of it on this one.

10. No proof whatsoever that Obama is trying to do away with Federalism. Where's your proof? Does Beck have it? Is it coming in tomorrows chain email? :)

11. Iove when people try to invoke the constitution. Tell me ONE thing, just ONE thing the current administration has put in place, that wasn't left over from the LAST administration, that is unconstitutional.

Oh I do agree with you on the last point. Worthless souls definitely need mercy, especially ones who cant come up with their own material Your source

Quoting dustinsmom1:

MOST OF ALL OF THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED.

What would you say if I gave you 11 reasons why the elections in 2010 will be the most important in the history of the United States ?

1. What if I had told you in October 2008, before the last presidential election, that before Barack Obama's first 100 days in office, the federal government would be in control of both the mortgage and the banking industries? That 19 of America 's largest banks would be forced to undergo stress tests by the federal government which would determine if they were insufficiently capitalized, so they must be supervised by the government?

Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America ."

2. What if I had told you that within Barack Obama's first 100 days in office the federal government would be the largest shareholder in the US Big-Three automakers: GM, and Chrysler? That the government would kick out the CEO's of these companies and appoint hand-picked executives with zero experience in the auto industry and that executive compensation would be determined, not by a Board of Directors, but by the government?

3. What if I had told you that Barack Obama would appoint 21 Czars, without congressional approval, accountable only to him, not to the voters, who would have control over a wide range of US policy decisions. That there would be a Stimulus Accountability Czar, an Urban Czar, a Compensation Czar, an Iran Czar, an Auto Industry Czar, a Cyber Security Czar, an Energy Czar, a Bank Bailout Czar, and more than a dozen other government bureaucrats with unchecked regulatory powers over US domestic and foreign policy.

4. What if I had told you that the federal deficit would be $915 billion in the first six months of the Obama presidency - with a projected annual deficit of $1.75 trillion - triple the $454.8 billion in 2008, for which the previous administration was highly criticized by Obama and his fellow Democrats. That congress would pass Obama's $3.53 trillion federal budget for fiscal 2010... That the projected deficit over the next ten years would be greater than $10 trillion.

5. What if I had told you that the Obama Justice Department would order FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value detainees captured on the battlefield and held at US military detention facilities in Afghanistan . That Obama would order the closing of the Guantanamo detention facility with no plan for the disposition of the 200-plus individuals held there. That several of the suspected terrorists at Guantanamo would be sent to live in freedom in Bermuda at the expense of the US government. That our returning US veterans would be labeled terrorists and put on a watch list.

6. What if I had told you that the federal government would seek powers to seize key companies whose failures could jeopardize the financial system. That a new regulatory agency would be proposed by Obama to control loans, credit cards, mortgage-backed securities, and other financial products offered to the public.

7. What if I had told you that Obama would travel to the Middle East, bow before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologize for America 's past actions. That he would travel to Latin America where he would warmly greet Venezuela 's strongman Hugo Chavez and sit passively in the audience while Nicaraguan Marxist thug Daniel Ortega charged America with terrorist aggression in Central America .

8. Okay, now what if I were to tell you that Obama wants to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new "Fairness Doctrine." That he wants to curtail the First Amendment rights of those who may disagree with his policies via internet blogs, cable news networks, or advocacy ads. That most major network television and most newspapers will only sing his phrases like state-run media in communist countries?

9. What if I were to tell you that the Obama Justice Department is doing everything it can to limit your Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. That the federal government wants to reinstate the so-called assault weapons20ban which would prohibit the sale of any type of firearm that doesn't require the shooter to pull the trigger every time a round is fired. That Obama's Attorney General wants to eliminate the sale of virtually all handguns and ammunition, which most citizens choose for self-defense.

10. What if I were to tell you that the Obama plan is to eliminate states rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federal government sweeping new powers over policies currently under the province of local and state governments and voted on by the people. That Obama plans to control the schools, energy production, the environment, health care, and the wealth of every US citizen.
Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !"

11. What if I were to tell you that the president, the courts, and the federal government have ignored the US Constitution and have seized powers which the founders of our country fought to restrict. That our last presidential election may have been our last truly free election for some time to come.
I know, I know what you will say. "That will never happen in America !"

If we don't do everything in our power to stop this madness in 2010...
May God have mercy on our worthless souls.

bannannagirl
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Finally somebody with the guts to speak the truth! Thank you!bow down

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Quoting BigMaemaJama:

"That our last presidential election may have been our last truly free election for some time to come. "

WOW really? You think the election was ever free? HELLO Id never say "not in America" > Its the opposite of what they want the public to think. The slogan "change" is a marketing scheme...doesnt it seem like someone always has ALL THE ANSWERS to americas whinning? Yea its cause they do marketing research and find out how to take over every aspect of our lives while we are sitting back thinking it will work out in our favor. Its time for some real change and that isnt gonna be some fat cat promising all the answers sorry but the system DOESNT WORK... If you think it does you need to look behind the puppet stage at what the real scenario is

You're absolutely right. EVERYTHING is a marketing tool. Every single thing. And they're so sneaky about. You can find little examples of it everywhere. For instance, I was grocery shopping the other day and went to grab some "I can't believe it's not butter". And I realized, "Shit, this isn't butter." So what the hell is it? I want butter. My mother always bought this crap and I just continued buying it. They cleverly put the word butter in there and people don't really think about it. The label says butter. Forgive me for comparing politics to butter but I think I made my point. Obama came on the TV and just kept saying "Change!" And he, or his marketing team, knew that everyone was thinking that very word when they thought about politics. And they used a lot of reverse psychology in his campaign. And a lot of reverse psychology when Bush was in office. We've got all the cute little Bushisms, "Aww, that Dubbya is so dumb!" No, he isn't. He's very smart. Anything you look at, you have to really study it and find out what it really is or what it really means. Most people are too lazy to do that. I'm so glad to hear someone else say this, people always call me paranoid. Paranoid? Or perceptive?

Mrs. Khan

lajoy
by Holly on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Quoting SRiveroC:

All of this little "post" has already happened sweetie, but you are misplacing blame and skewing facts.

1.  BUSH started the bank bailouts, and the issues with Fannie and Freddie preceded Obama by a decade.

2. The government "kicked out" the CEO's of GM and Chrysler? Or the CEO of GM CHOSE to resign because he knew poor decision making, some on his part, put GM in that position, and it was either him or countless workers would be laid off. Chrysler's CEO is still there dear, but has announced his plans to leave in November. No one is forcing the guy out. Use better sources, NOT message boards.

3. The only people who call these women and men czars are Republicans and pundits who are crying out for attention. They are associate directors who work under councilmen and women on various issues, and the councilmen and women HAVE been approved by the congress.

4. Did you care what the federal deficit was under Bush? Did you care when it was, what nearly 10 trillion when Bush left office? Yet his only accomplishments while adding to the debt were WARS. You don't get to bitch and moan now honey, when you sat idly by then.

6. Umm sweetie, that's number 1 all over again, and just like I told you BUSH did that, not Obama.

7. Number 7 is so ridiculous, is reeks of xenophobia. Who CARES if he bowed, curtseyed, or did the dosey do for the King. There are other cultures out there sweetie, broaden your horizons.

8. Obama doesn't support the fairness doctrine, and doesn't give a hoot bout your precious Glenn Beck. Next!

9. Oh yeah, Obama is doing everything to limit the second amendment like disarming those armed wingnuts at the townhalls! Wait, he didn't do that...How about pushing through legislation to repeal the 2nd amendment? Wit...he isn't doing that either. Yeah, I think you're just full of it on this one.

10. No proof whatsoever that Obama is trying to do away with Federalism. Where's your proof? Does Beck have it? Is it coming in tomorrows chain email? :)

11. Iove when people try to invoke the constitution. Tell me ONE thing, just ONE thing the current administration has put in place, that wasn't left over from the LAST administration, that is unconstitutional.

Oh I do agree with you on the last point. Worthless souls definitely need mercy, especially ones who cant come up with their own material Your source

you rock

NicoleMCharles
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 3:23 AM

I second the "you rock"!

Everyone wants to point the finger and blame Obama NOW, but really it is the Bush Administration's mess that is having to be cleaned up. Thank YOU, SRiveroC.

Quoting lajoy:

Quoting SRiveroC:

you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)