Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The actual speech on tuesday

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/

Click here and read the actual speech Obama will be giving to our kids on Tuesday.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
Mark Twain
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrspractical
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Thank you for posting this, I've been curious.  My only criticism is that it seems to be way too long - he's likely going to lose his 13 and under audience pretty quickly.  Hopefully the older ones will be able to pay attention.  Any idea how long this is supposed to take?

home-sweet-home
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM

It was not the end of the world. My kids already believe that education is important and that they are responsible for their choices.

MY kids better not make any Vaccines though lol.

Check out Jacob's jouney on my home page!

kptmomof3
by Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Lol, I agree it is a little long for the elem level kids, they probably wont make it 3 minutes into his speech before their minds wander off to lala land! 

grammie6
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 1:28 AM

As the step-mom of a child who dropped out of school 2nd semester of her senior year, I say if he keeps 1 child from walking away from their future it will be worth all the lies and BS put out by the few who just can't accept this wonderful, intelligent man as their President.

coast guardGrammie6

mamaof2angles
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 2:02 AM

thats true he is attempting to try thats all that really matters.

Quoting grammie6:

As the step-mom of a child who dropped out of school 2nd semester of her senior year, I say if he keeps 1 child from walking away from their future it will be worth all the lies and BS put out by the few who just can't accept this wonderful, intelligent man as their President.

mamaof2angles
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 2:02 AM

LOL I think that was just being used as an example of what they can aspire to do if they stay in school and such, besides who to say one of your kids may not be the 1st to figure out how to make a vaccine with out all the chemicals and toxions??? (just saying)

Quoting home-sweet-home:

It was not the end of the world. My kids already believe that education is important and that they are responsible for their choices.

MY kids better not make any Vaccines though lol.

stormcris
by Christy on Sep. 8, 2009 at 2:38 AM

It is long. I see nothing wrong with it in general. However, I hope he has someone correct the grammar errors in it.

nysa76
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 4:01 AM

I'm hoping some of the people freaking out will actually read this thing.  I don't agree with President Obama's policies,at least not the majority of them, but I think this speech is great.

As a PP said, if it makes one kid stop and rethink the importance of education, it's worth it.  And yes, it's long but I don't believe any longer than it takes for some of the older kids' reading assignments or lectures. 

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
Mark Twain
mamaof2angles
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 7:13 AM

He is not the 1st president to ask students to "write a letter to the president" George W.H. Bush said the SAME thing back in 91

KELLI2L
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I watched and taped the speech from C-SPAN today.  It went well; wasn't too long and he took out the things he originally wanted to say that others found offensive. 

Done

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)