Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Modesty is not a competition

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey ladies, I just wanted to remind everyone that this isn't a group to see who is the most modest.

I know there was a post a few weeks back about head coverings and the non-head coverings moms feeling out of place.  I just wanted to say that all are welcome here.  Please remember that modesty is very personal and we all come from different backgrounds so it's natural for us all to take different approaches.

So I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter how you define modesty, you're welcome here!

Our group is growing and we have A LOT of moms of different faiths coming in and I look forward to learning a lot more in the coming weeks.  

Have a great week everyone!

by on Oct. 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Replies (11-14):
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 6:56 PM

What women do to one another on this site is terrible. We are Sisters, and should support one another. The "I am more ___ than you" game gets old, really fast. 

Owner/Moderator of these groups, please feel free to join!

AP MOMS     CRUNCHY    LLLCAFEMOM    BF MOMS    NATURAL PG 

LivingIslam
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I know I'm about a month late in responding to this thread big smile minibut I just wanted to say I really like this group and how it brings women together based on a desire to be modest!  And I agree, modesty is not a competition. smile miniModesty is not just dress.  It's attitude, personality, the way we interact with others.  It seems to me the women in this group have that modest attitude as well as dress. That's why I think this group is so cool.sunglasses mini 

winterrose82
by Member on Feb. 8, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't sure how I would fit in when I saw so many ladies wearing head coverings & full length skirts. Modesty is something I'm new to and I think I may be on the more "liberal" side of things. I'm glad that all are welcome here! 

Modestdresses
by Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I think that is great, I have many friends who do not Cover or dress Modest, I do not worry about it.. We are all at different walks... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN