Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

modest breastfeeding

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 516 Total Views

Wow I'm looking for a new bra and look at what I found - yes it's a little low in the front but wow a bra that would cover on the sides nice I like it

http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=17702

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
much2learn
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM

That's a nursing bra?!  Wow, I would have wanted one or two of those when I was nursing.  Not that I would have been able to afford it.    I used to wear these Playtex nursing bras.  They were komfortable, without underwires, and I loved how they held up in the regular white load and dryer.

ignore my odd use of "k"; my letter "see" does not work. (AB_DEFG)

Lynn 

Kodeekins
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I have a friend who makes nursing covers - they work wonderfully, half the time I don't even realize she's nursin! very modest and pretty.

MamaKalila
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Nice... I would really like that in winter when I need extra warmth lol. I have a few bra's, but mostly stick to nursing tanks... Not the most modest (or even close) on their own... but with a shirt over the top I can nurse w/out one of those covers and still be modest with no skin showing. In my experience the covers make things so much more akward... So things like this and tanks are really nice!

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobuckethttp://www.youravon.com/kmery AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
eema.gray
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I know every expert on nursing says not to do this but I wear sport bras while nursing.  I've found them to be more modest than other types of bras, they're easier to work with than nursing bras, and they hold up well in the laundry.

FYI, it's dryers that kill bras and underwear (the heat breaks down elastic).  If at all possible, air dry your "sundries."  At the very least, fasten all the hooks together before they go into the dryer so the hooks don't catch on anything else and stretch the elastic even more.

RissaBusch
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I'll second this.  Her nursing covers are amazing :-)

But that ones is cool.  I actually never really used nursing bras.  I never could get the hang of them and always ended up showing more than if I didn't use them.

Quoting Kodeekins:

I have a friend who makes nursing covers - they work wonderfully, half the time I don't even realize she's nursin! very modest and pretty.

toady07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Quoting RissaBusch:

I'll second this.  Her nursing covers are amazing :-)

But that ones is cool.  I actually never really used nursing bras.  I never could get the hang of them and always ended up showing more than if I didn't use them.

Quoting Kodeekins:

Does she have a website or etsy I would love to see them - I've had such a hard time with covers and blankets - dd doesn't like to be covered so anything I can do to be more modest lol

CafeMom Tickers
Kodeekins
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Hm, I don't think she ever got her Etsy up because her computer crashed, but you can find her profile on here - her screen name is RavishingMama. Her covers are super affordable, and are VERY good quality - they even have a little terry cloth pocket patch to either hold a paci or to wipe your babies mouth. She makes them extra large so it's not easy to be exposed! :-) She has some pictures on her profile, and if you message her I think she has more she hasn't posted yet. :-)

tyheamma
by Member on Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Awesome! Now to figure out if I can make something like that with my sewing machine for $10 instead fo $44 plus shipping.

Kodeekins
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 3:16 PM

The ones she makes I think she sales for about $17 or $18, so they really are not that much. I saw some at a baby store the other day that WERE like $45 and I was shocked!! :-)

_Majka_
by on Feb. 12, 2010 at 7:41 PM

lol. Is there an immodest breastfeeding? When I did breast feed, I didn't cover. Seeing a 500 pound man wolfing down a burger and fries is immodest. Not to mention a stomach churner....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)