Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More Sewing :-)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 363 Total Views

Last fall, I made curtains for the master bedroom.  I wound up with quite a bit of extra fabric that was just hanging in my sewing corner with no plans for it.  Not enough to make curtains, not quite right for bags, way too heavy for scarves . . . . . what to do, what to do.

Well, this is what I did.

And this.

Are you a political "independent?"  Tired of feeling like you only have Democrats or Republicans to choose from?  Well, there are many small parties active all across the United States.  Learn more at Third Party Americans.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommy806209
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:24 AM

These are really cute! Great job mama:~)

winterrose82
by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:25 AM

I love that skirt! The shorts are precious too. Is that an applique on the shorts? 

I'm so impressed with your sewing. I have a machine and I keep meaning to really, really learn to sew (I've always wanted to improve my skills) but I never seem to be able to make the time. 

seaglassblu
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Mama, you've got talent!  So cool.

RissaBusch
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I LOVE THEM! I especially love the skirt because I have a little girl too!  You're so talented!  I can't do clothes at all.

eema.gray
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Quoting winterrose82:

I love that skirt! The shorts are precious too. Is that an applique on the shorts? 

I'm so impressed with your sewing. I have a machine and I keep meaning to really, really learn to sew (I've always wanted to improve my skills) but I never seem to be able to make the time. 

Technically, yes, they are iron on aplique's.  But I want to be able to customize the shorts for future children so I just stitched them on.  Once you iron on that sticky stuff, the patch may come off but the sticky never will.  :-)

Rissa, i'm hoping to be able to eventually sell the skirts.  But I need to practice the design a lot more before that happens.  So if you'd like one or some for Danica, I'd be glad to sew them for you.

Are you a political "independent?"  Tired of feeling like you only have Democrats or Republicans to choose from?  Well, there are many small parties active all across the United States.  Learn more at Third Party Americans.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790

srbeusk
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:30 PM

So cute!!! :D

mom2aspclboy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Very nicely made!

mamamissy316
by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Super cute!!  I love the skirt especially.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)