Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GRRRRRRRRRRRR............

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

Just because someone wears a bonnet, does NOT mean that they are Amish. Especially when they are IN A CAR. Just because I wear a scarf like a hijab, doesn't make me muslim either. Just ASK don't assume >.<

(By the way. it wasn't like "Oh, she must be Muslim. How neat" it was "Oh.....She's a Muslim.....)

Thus concluded anoher rant brough to you by a crazy prenant lady

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kenre
by Group Admin on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I know what you mean! Arg! I actually had an old lady ranting at her DH at the clinic the other day about how I was wearing my tichel wrong! I just sat there and giggled. I see her around town now and she gives me mean looks.

eema.gray
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Not to mention, "just because I cover up DO NOT mean I'm a prude!"

You should hear Rissa's "dude that's totally a ninja" story.

seaglassblu
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I understand.  I wear ankle length skirts and dresses, and I am mistaken for a FLDS occasionally. OT, Kenre, you're pregnant?  That is wonderful!  Congratulations to all!  stork

Quoting Kenre:

I know what you mean! Arg! I actually had an old lady ranting at her DH at the clinic the other day about how I was wearing my tichel wrong! I just sat there and giggled. I see her around town now and she gives me mean looks.

RissaBusch
by Group Owner on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM

HAHAHAHAH The ninja was the best!  It still kinda boosts my ego when I'm feeling down.  At least kids think I'm cool LOL!

For those of you that didn't hear the story, I was in Walmart one day wearing the niqaab (full face veil).  Anyway, there were these 2 young boys arguing over if I was a ninja or not LOL!

Quoting eema.gray:

MamaKalila
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM

LOL That's cute... I have a friend (adult friend) who will point and make comments like "Look there's ninja's!", it embarrasses his wife pretty badly.. and thankfully I haven't been with him when he's done it either. Came close the last time we were at the mall, but thankfully his back was turned lol.

Kenre - congrats!

OP - Yeah... most people have been nice to me about it, just asking... What gets me is if we're at a restraunt my husband always makes sure to explain that my no pork policy (if I ask if something has it or order turkey bacon) is a health thing and not religious... He's more "vocal" about it when I'm covering but does it either way like he's afraid someone will assume something. Slightly off topic, but halfway makes me laugh and halfway aggrivates me. 

Quoting RissaBusch:

HAHAHAHAH The ninja was the best!  It still kinda boosts my ego when I'm feeling down.  At least kids think I'm cool LOL!

For those of you that didn't hear the story, I was in Walmart one day wearing the niqaab (full face veil).  Anyway, there were these 2 young boys arguing over if I was a ninja or not LOL!

Quoting eema.gray:

smallest_mc Photobucket Photobucket26 month Pictures, Images and Photosattachment parenting Pictures, Images and Photoswater birth blinkie Pictures, Images and PhotosNatural Birth Blinkies Pictures, Images and Photoslove my midwife Pictures, Images and Photosrearfacing blinkie Pictures, Images and Photoshypnobirth Pictures, Images and Photos
mamamissy316
by Member on Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Same here.  And I jsut noticed that too Kenre!  Congratulations!!!

Quoting seaglassblu:

I understand.  I wear ankle length skirts and dresses, and I am mistaken for a FLDS occasionally. OT, Kenre, you're pregnant?  That is wonderful!  Congratulations to all!  stork

Quoting Kenre:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)