Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls bloomers/pantaloons

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 760 Total Views

I was wondering if anyone knows of a cheap/reasonably priced place to get these for a young girl (not toddler).  My daughter cannot stand to wear panties (due to sensory issues she can't handle anything directly touching her crotch area.  She's been wearing loose yoga pants, but really wants to be able to wear dresses.  I thought about boys boxers, but she got really upset at the thought of wearing boy underwear.  So I thought about bloomers.  They're fairly loose in the crotch, light weight (we live in Texas, don't need to much heat retention) and can come in mid thigh or mid calf depending on your skirt length.

The problem is, most of what I'm finding is either 4T and smaller (she's a 5 and growing fast) or $15-25 a pair.  If they are not going to work for her, I don't want to outlay too much.  If they aregoing to work, we will want multiple pairs in both lengths, and that price is prohibitive.  *I cannot sew*

by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HaydensMom178
by Member on Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:54 PM

That's a very interesting thought.  I don't know of any store I've gone to and found bloomers, of course, I haven't actually looked myself, having a boy.  Have you tried to google them?  You may come up with some online stores and they might have specials or something?  You could maybe try to buy only 1 or 2 at a time, and see how she likes them.  Then, you can always go back for more!  Also, you could possibly try amazon.com or ebay.  Just some thoughts.  Hope they're helpful!

shinybright
by on Mar. 10, 2011 at 12:38 PM

How about tap pants in xs?

montessorimom77
by Member on Mar. 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM

there are girls boxers as well you might consider.

mom2aspclboy
by on Mar. 12, 2011 at 8:32 PM

The only place I know of that sells actual bloomers is the Vermont Country Store.  I think they may only come in women's sizes, though, and they're not too cheap. Sorry, I'm no help.

Commie_Mommie
by Member on Mar. 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Other than Daddy's Little Princess, I have no clue. Let me know if you find anything though : /

Hopeful44
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Have you thought about cutting leggings a size bigger than her to just above her knees? I do that so its loser around my privates and so if my skirt blows up im covered more than just where underwear woulod cover

cedailey
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Thank you for the suggestions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)