Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to Know you/ Mom of the week survey!

Posted by on May. 15, 2009 at 5:27 PM
  • 67 Replies
  • 2433 Total Views

So this is going to be our Mom of the Week/ Getting to Know you survey for all of our new members!  If you don't want to be in the mom of the week that's fine.  You are more than welcome to still fill out the survey so we can get to know you!

1. Name (screen or real)-

2. Number of Kids-

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies-

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)-

5.  How do you define modesty?-

The way mom of the week will work is each week I will randomly choose a mom.  She will get a "sticky" post that has her survey.  We can then ask that mom all sorts of fun questions.  Again, this is optional.

Thanks ladies!

by on May. 15, 2009 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess428
by on May. 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I'll volunteer myself:)  Are you gonna start it in a week or two; give everyone a chance to see this?

Happy_at_home
by on May. 15, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Add me the list also!

--Liberty

Mom to Allie and G-man.

Want brutally honest movie reviews and lively discussion about the entertainment industry? Movies, TV, books, video games, or just life in general discuss it all. Check out The Nut Gallery, where we are all just a little crazy.

RissaBusch
by Group Owner on May. 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Quoting Jess428:

I'll volunteer myself:)  Are you gonna start it in a week or two; give everyone a chance to see this?

Yea probably about 2 weeks unless group activity really picks up.  I'm going to be out of town next weekend and I doubt I'll have the internet.

I'm pretty sure we'll be camping and camping with the internet- well that's not camping at all!

Kenre
by Group Admin on May. 18, 2009 at 9:16 AM

I don't mind doing it.

ALEX; June 11, 2004
StarsignGemini.giffridaysimple.gif
yearofthemonkey.gif 
KENRE; Sept 25, 2007
StarsignLibra.giftuesdaysimple.gifyearoftheboar.gif

RissaBusch
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM

lol guys you have to fill out the survey and post it lol. 

Kenre
by Group Admin on May. 22, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Oh... OOPS!

Quoting RissaBusch:

1. Name (screen or real)- Jerin

2. Number of Kids- A stepson, a 20 month old son, and another son on the way due August 5th.

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- Going for walks, sewing or dreaming of sewing something, CafeMom

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- I grew up modest, rebelled (meaning I wore pants instead of dresses, but still covered my legs), and then found I liked myself better as a woman with the modest dress again. I am finding I might even embrace some more modest customes that my family doesn't follow any longer.

5.  How do you define modesty?- The covering of the body to show people your personality. The covering of your words to show your a lady in your ways. The covering of your thinking to keep yourself in the better of society.

I'm a survivor of child abuse, Pagan living Witch, co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, no vaccinating, circumcising, homesteading, extended rear facing, breastfeeding, no spanking, no screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, pro-life, meat eating, handfasted to Jon (Mar 14, 06), head strong mommy of a baby boy who is advanced (Sep 25, 07), a step-son with PDD-NOS Autism (Jun 11, 04), due with a new baby boy Aug 5, 09.

Jess428
by on May. 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Lol, oops!  I thought you would pick someone and then they would fill it out that week. 

Quoting RissaBusch:

1. Name (screen or real)- Jess428 or Jessica

2. Number of Kids- 1

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- I LOVE to read and am quite fond of baking.

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- No, not totally.  Until age 15, I spent alot of time in Mennonite homes and, of course, wore their clothes.  But, at that time, I became very unmodest.  It hasn't been until the past year or so that I've become more modest and aware of what I'm wearing and who I want seeing my body (dh!).

5.  How do you define modesty?- Modesty is keeping myself covered so that no one but  my husband is seeing ALL that I have.  It's not showing off the goods to other men or, better yet, just showing them off period.  It's becoming a more meek, gentle, loving woman.  Not becoming full of myself and my thoughts.  I believe this is how God created me and I strive toward His approval.  This is, basically, the tip of the iceburg for me:)

mommy_tl
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 7:32 PM

1. Name (screen or real)-  Tamara (mommy_tl)

2. Number of Kids- 3 & 1 angel

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- Reading, cross stitching, baking, crochet, knitting, sewing.

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- Growing up I was usually the girl who was in long t-shirts and jeans, or soccer shorts (knee length). I only dressed "up" to go out dancing or something like that. I was never comfortable with my body. I'm comfy with it now.... but I dress modestly to show my DD that you don't have to dress trampy to matter.

5.  How do you define modesty?-  I'm drawing a blank as to how to write it out.... lol!

26 year-old... married, Christian, canadian, liberal, bookworm, formula feeding, disposable diapering, vaccinating, circumcising, green cleaning, meat eating, minivan driving, church going, choir singing, gay marriage supporting, pro life, natural birthing, tattooed... stay-at-home mom of 3 (& 1 angel) spirited kids!

LatteMommy4
by on May. 26, 2009 at 8:35 AM

1. Name (screen or real)- Jenn

2. Number of Kids- 4

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- family  time, reading, cooking

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)-no I haven't, but when my only daughter was born I wanted to set a good example for her. Some of the toddler clothes are very skimpy and short!

5.  How do you define modesty?- Covering myself in respect to my husband and God. Only my husband should be able to see me.

GrowingMama
by Member on May. 30, 2009 at 12:16 AM

1. Name (screen or real)- Brandi

2. Number of Kids-  6

3. Favorite Past Time/Hobbies-  Reading, sewing, talking with Dh, snuggling babies, walking, planning for homeschool things

4. Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- I only began to wear what I now define as modest clothing a few years ago, but before that I was never as immodest as people in general. My mom never dressed that way and so I never thought it was normal. Now I dress in long, flowing skirts the majority of the time. My shirts are sometimes short sleeved, but I prefer 3/4 or long sleeved. I wear my long hair in a bun except when I'm alone with Dh. It is also covered when I go out, especially for synagogue services. If my hair is down, Dh knows he is being "invited" and no one else gets an invitation. If I am coaching soccer (which I enjoy with my children at a local church each spring) I wear loose capri pants with the coach's shirt and have my hair in a bun. I just can't imagine being in some of the shorts I see other moms wearing. I only want Dh to look at or see me. 

5. How do you define modesty?- Modesty to me is a whole package idea. If I wear modest clothing, but talk like a sailor, then I am only "modest" on the outside. Modesty is more like a complete lifestyle. My home is modest - meaning it doesn't have many things one could live without. I don't watch movies that are indecent. I don't watch TV at all. Our whole lives are centered around the Bible and Yeshua's teachings. If it doesn't fit the Torah, it doesn't fit us. It is my desire to be a woman who looks and acts like a woman who can easily be respected and who isn't just hiding her "secrets" behind a pretty covering. Living modestly is freedom to me.

Brandi in AL
Mothering my 6
Wanting many more...
Check out my groups on Cafe Mom!!!
Child Training 101 - Group Owner
Without Birth Control - Group Owner
Modest and Graceful Femininity - Group Owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)