Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to Know you/ Mom of the week survey!

Posted by   + Show Post

So this is going to be our Mom of the Week/ Getting to Know you survey for all of our new members!  If you don't want to be in the mom of the week that's fine.  You are more than welcome to still fill out the survey so we can get to know you!

1. Name (screen or real)-

2. Number of Kids-

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies-

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)-

5.  How do you define modesty?-

The way mom of the week will work is each week I will randomly choose a mom.  She will get a "sticky" post that has her survey.  We can then ask that mom all sorts of fun questions.  Again, this is optional.

Thanks ladies!

by on May. 15, 2009 at 5:27 PM
Replies (61-67):
Luv_my_hubby
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Nikki or Luv_my_hubby

2. Number of Kids-

3 kids & 2 grand-kids

1. Ian almost 23yrs old
  2. Josh 21 yrs old
  3. Mandy almost 16yrs old

Granddaughters

1. Ms. Cutie 4 1/2 yrs old
  2. Ms. Monkey almost 2 yrs old

I love to scrapbook, sew, cross stitch, read true crime novels and spend time with my DH, Fur-babies,kids and granddaughters.

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex. have you always been modest?)-

I have not always been modest. I just started dressing in a modest fashion about 3 yrs ago.

I work with middle school boys who have emotional/behavior disorders. It really grossed me out when they would try and glance down my shirt. It was then that I decided I didn't want anyone else to see what DH does. 

We have a motto for our daughter. She is not to have any butt-crack or cleavage showing when she walks out the front door. Thankfully for the most part our DD doesn't want people see her goods either.

For me it's not allowing others to see parts of me that I only want my DH viewing. That means no cleavage showing, short skirts unless I am home with DH. I do wear shorts but not short shorts. Short skirts to me would be something above the knee.

I have started wearing more skirts then I ever have before only because I love the feminine look of them. I wear lots of cami's under shirts so that no cleavage is showing. I am a DD so it hard to conceal them sometimes..LOL but DH seems to be enjoying the mystique of it being for his viewing pleasure only.

wolvesfire
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

1. Name (screen or real)- Angelica or wolvesfire

2. Number of Kids- 0.  We have decided to put off TTC our first baby until I get my driver license and car.  Insha Allah though I will get social security so Insha Allah in a few months I will have government health insurance, my own income, and be out on my own and being independent for the first time.  I suspect I have PCOS so it could be a long time before I have children with my husband, unless I get raped like I think is going to happen to me.  I do have one grandson named Abdullah who will be 1 year old on 7/9/2012 and one grandchild on the way from my husband's second oldest niece.  This is due to my husband's culture which is confusing to explain.  But basiclly though I am not legally related to my husband's family under Islam, under my husband's culture I am a grandmother to my husband's niece's child and when we insha allah have kids Abdullah will be our child's nephew and my husband's other niece's baby will be our child's niece or nephew.

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- Reading, Writing (I am an author: look at my website http://www.silentlair.net/ or check out my author blog http://cavernofstars.blogspot.com/), watching soccer (Ghana Black Stars is my team), Astronomy, horseback riding, being around nature, video games (I'm an avid game player), of course blogging (my blog is http://moontidesworld.blogspot.com/) feel free to comment on there if you want

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- yes always modest as a child and teenager

5.  How do you define modesty?- as teen i hated and still hate people looking at me.  i was sexually harassed in end of 6th-7th and then in 12th grade.  7th grade dance i was set up with this boy who had a girlfriend.  one boy tried touching my ass in 12th grade (smacked him).  almost sexually molested at 11 by babysitter's 13-14 year old brother.  phyiscally, sexually, emotionally abused from 7 to a month after i turned 14 where i left mom's ex husabnd so for me it is important to completley cover not only to follow my mothers (the prophet's saw wives) but also as a mean of protection against more sexual molestation or posisble rape as an adult/college student so it is like safety net for me (though this is issue for me in USA and in my family as they i can't wear my abaya or niqab in public due to it would possibly cause harm to me with where i live.)  here people are not accepting of people who are not christian or jewish.  so for me it is covering my entire body like the prophet's (SAW) wives (RA). not flirting with men, not speaking in a seductive lewd tone like so many women do today in our society.  i have a 12 year old sister to worry about.  i want to be an example to her insha allah.  so covering isn't just because allah (SWT) tells me to or for myself, it is for my sister who is in 6th grade.  i want to show her that you can be sucessful while not dressing like a 2 cent street walker and you don't have to fuck every boy who demands sex to be a good modest girl and a sucessful woman.  sadly my 12 year old sister doesn't get this which upsets me and thinks i am weird for covering along with the rest of my family.

ViridianSoul
by New Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I'm definitely game for this, and since I haven't introduced myself in any way, I figured "Why not?"

My real name is Tabitha.

2. Number of Kids-

One child, a six year old boy.

I have a variety of things I enjoy, among them theology, philosophy, politics, reading, writing, art of all kinds, jewelry-making, camping, and anything outdoors-ey.

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)-

I was raised an ultra-conservative christian (Jehovah's Witness) by my dad, but I left at sixteen and tried to do my own thing. For a good portion of my early twenties I was anything BUT modest. Now that I'm getting older, I find spiritual persuits to be more and more important, and among these things I've found a genuine need for modesty and submissiveness in my life. I'm at the point now where I desire of wearing full-length skirts year-round, and I'm also exploring head-covering to see what feels best for me.

This is a difficult question. I do in some ways believe that modesty is often in the eyes of the beholder. However, that being said, I believe that it can be far too extreme in one way or the other. For example, I don't fall in line with religious beliefs that REQUIRE their women to be covered from head to toe so they don't present a stumbling block to men. Conversely, I truly do feel that not having modesty is very detrimental to one's self-respect and respect for God as well as one's romantic relationship. My body is for my man and him alone, so because of that I will dress modestly so that only he can see it.

For me, modesty in dress is wearing long dresses and skirts, no spagetti straps or low cut tops that would bare the skin. I firmly believe that women and men were created as separate beings, and because of that I desire to actually LOOK and DRESS like a woman...not a man. My hair is kept above the shoulders, but that's only for medical reasons (with it long, it complicates my migraines). If my hair were thinnner, I would love to keep it long.

Modesty, however, is about more than one's dress: it's also about how one acts. Modesty is part and parcel with humility, respect, submissiveness, and feminity to me.

...I'm sure there's more, but should I get picked (on) out for mom of the week, I'll be happy to expound!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My blogs and CM group, opinionated as all get-out:

AnotherPutra
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

1. Name (screen or real)- Christie

2. Number of Kids- 2 boys

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- Reading the Word, Crochet, Tennis

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- No I have not always been modest, I used to not care if a thong strap was showing or a bra strap, My husband always had to let me know that If A man is taller than me he could see right down my shirt or every time I bent over there was a clear view. (yikes!) 

5.  How do you define modesty?- I define modesty now as being careful of those things in the way I dress. I now laywer my shirts so ther isn't even the accidental "flash" I NEVER allow any underclothes to show through. I wil not wear spaghetti strap tank tops by themselves, either I have a different colored shirt under or over them, I avoid shorts and short skirts. And frankly I keep on thinking about head covering but I keep being told it's not right for our culture, but I keep thinking bout how beautiful head coverings are and wanting to try it. I don't know if that means I'm being convicted or not but, I'm constantly looking at them online and watching videos on how to tie them. ;)

AnotherPutra
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I forgot to add, I also define modesty as being respectful of other women and their husbands or single men. Modesty is also in your attitude and how you present yourself.  Women could be in full covering and act immodestly and I want to be a woman who does NOT attract the lust of another woman's husband. It's said in a wonderful Book I've read "Beauty of Modesty" that, "women who dress immodestly are sexually assaulting our men" and I feel like that is 10000% true. 

Quoting AnotherPutra:

1. Name (screen or real)- Christie

2. Number of Kids- 2 boys

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- Reading the Word, Crochet, Tennis

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- No I have not always been modest, I used to not care if a thong strap was showing or a bra strap, My husband always had to let me know that If A man is taller than me he could see right down my shirt or every time I bent over there was a clear view. (yikes!) 

5.  How do you define modesty?- I define modesty now as being careful of those things in the way I dress. I now laywer my shirts so ther isn't even the accidental "flash" I NEVER allow any underclothes to show through. I wil not wear spaghetti strap tank tops by themselves, either I have a different colored shirt under or over them, I avoid shorts and short skirts. And frankly I keep on thinking about head covering but I keep being told it's not right for our culture, but I keep thinking bout how beautiful head coverings are and wanting to try it. I don't know if that means I'm being convicted or not but, I'm constantly looking at them online and watching videos on how to tie them. ;)

caliprincess
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM

1. Name (screen or real)-Tara

2. Number of Kids-1

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies-video games, drawing, painting

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- I am somewhat new to modesty, i mean i never dressed like revealing or sexy but to the extreme I am going now is new to me.

5.  How do you define modesty?- for me modesty is not only dressing a certain way but also the way I behave. I can't act like a harlot and dress like a saint, it just wouldn't make sense. same if it were vice versa.

frstldyhmsch
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM

1. Name (screen or real)- Christy 

2. Number of Kids- 3

3.  Favorite Past Time/Hobbies- Blogging, reading to my kiddo's, laying up with the hubby, CafeMom

4.  Your background with Modesty (ex have you always been modest?)- I have not always been modest, but after being serious about my Christianity (about 8 years) i decided to do so.

5.  How do you define modesty?- Modesty is purposely covering oneself as to Not entice the opposite (or same in some cases) sex; To be respected for who you are, and not defined by what you wear or how beautiful the outward appearance is inhanced and/or unnatural 

Through the eyes of a "Teacher Momma " typing

http://www.branyact.blogspot.com/  Let's talk homeschool  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN